Givi V35 or V37

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Kelley Crozier, May 12, 2020.

1. Kelley Crozier

Kelley Crozier New Member

Canada
    Map
    I am buying luggage for my 2014.
    Can I have recommendations on whether to buy the Givi V35 or V37 bags?

2. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    I think it depends on the colour you have..... the V37's have a carbon fibre look, whereas the V35's can be painted... optional smooth upper panels.

3. Colddevil

Colddevil Member

United States
    Map
    Make sure you're buying the correct rack. I have the V37s on a V Strom, and I originally bought an incorrect rack for them. I wanted the rapid release removable rack, but they only made the non-rapid version. The Givi V35/37 have a curve on the rack that only accept those two luggage options and won't work for the rest of their Monokey lineup.

I'd favor the V37 solely because I know I can fit a full size helmet inside of it. It also has a higher internal load capacity. I'm actually not certain what the argument in favor of the V35 is--despite them actually costing more at Revzilla.

4. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    My first consideration would be appearance and the look you're going for, and can you custom paint the panels. I don't put helmets in my side cases, none of mine fit very well anyway.
    I can tell you to avoid the liner bags Givi sells, they are nice and all, but foam padded and take up a lot of space they don't have to. Yes to the proper rack for quick on/off.
    Alternative, SHAD cases... more bulbous look but the rack is simpler and less ugly with the bags off, IMHO.