Forks pulling left of right in turns

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Guest, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just bought my first Viffer...99, I used to ride a CBR600. I dont know if this is common but I get the feeling the bike is pulling into turns left or right especially if I am not on the throttle. Could this be the suspension is set too soft? If I am on the throttle through the turn I dont seem to notice it as much..need some help here as I really dont want to lay this thing down trying to get used to it...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I spoke to a few guys at a local cycle shop that ride Viffers and the first thing they both told me was that the tires are causing what I am feeling. The lean angle of the Pilots are more aggressive than other touring style tires and they will want to lean over quicker and make it feel like the bike is falling into the corner. Sounds like it makes sense to me...any comments from the guru's out there...please advise...thanks

3. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

They speak the truth ;) I prefer the rounder profile tires as they have more consistent turn in feel and don't fall into the corners. Try the BT010's, Metzler M1's, Pilot Roads. I've used all of these and they are nice. In order of mileage, the Road and BT010 last about the same but the BT has better grip. The BT will start cupping around 5K miles. The M1's have awesome feel and grip!! They also only lasted about 3K miles before they were completely shot. :-[

Adios,