Forks and shocks

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Daniel White, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Daniel White

Daniel White New Member

United Kingdom
    Picked up my vfr1200f last week. Really pleased with it but the suspension could be better. I weigh circa 120kg in gear - currently have the preload maxed out. I know it's a long and heavy bike but am getting some under steer and it's a bit choppy over bad roads. It's not terrible, I just know it could be better.

I've been looking at Hagon or Nitron for a rear shock (sprung for my weight) and upgrading the front fork springs. Budget for a shock is absolute max £500 so Ohlins etc are out of the question. Not bothered about remote preload adjuster as I never take a pillion or much luggage. Are Nitron really THAT much better than Hagon (about a £170 price difference).

Can anyone clarify what something like a K Tech piston kit will do for the front forks? I'm not particularly fast but neither am I slow. I don't intend to take it on a track. I'd just like more compliance over bumpy roads and less fork dive on breaking. Would this be overkill?

In theory I could get the piston kit and Hagon shock for the same price as just the Nitron shock (I have a K Tech discount). Would obviously get the springs as well.