Fools on a Hill, Mt. Nebo St. Park, Arkansas

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by H.C.D., Mar 5, 2009.

1. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

Fools on a Hill

Never been, but my neighbor says its a good time, and that its not a gathering for folks who get bent about partying, cursing, etc, etc. My neighbor and I are planning on being there Sat. night.

Regards,
    H.C.D.

2. TravelingViffer

TravelingViffer New Member

H.C.D. are you still planning on going to Mt. Nebo tomorrow night? I'm in Fayetteville but I visit Nebo a few times each year - this is about the best time to stay up there.

Are you going to be out riding tomorrow? If so I may be able to head down there for a cruise. Hell... I might just pack my camping stuff, too. I've got no good reason not to. Let me know.

JD

3. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

Heading up to be a Fool today, late this AM. If anyone wants to hook up today or tomorrow (supposed to be in the mid 60's tomorrow), let me know.

Regards,
    H.C.D.

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Will there be photos? we need photos of outings like this...

5. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

I think I can recall some camera flashes last night around the campfire, but it could have just been all that bourbon that I drank...If they show up on their website I'll see if I can poach some.

20-30 people showed up, and everyone said that was was less than previous years. The weather here was horrible on friday (37, pissing rain, windy) and that took a toll on the head count. We had some folks from Texas that rode up, a couple from Missouri, and a bunch from Arkansas and Oklahoma. One tough SOB rode down from Omaha, Nebraska. Said it was 18 degrees when he left Thursday morning. Of course he's got electrics..

All kinds of bikes there, Beemers, one more VFR besides mine, a yellow 5th gen, couple of harleys, couple of gold wings, and several Moto Guzzi's. Good crowd, I think I'll be attending next year as well.

Regards,
    H.C.D.

6. TravelingViffer

TravelingViffer New Member

Well you never mentioned it was a "gathering"... I had the idea that it was just you and your neighbor going up there! I would have come down there but I spent the day doing chores and installing the GIVI bags and HeliBars (both very amazing items!) and I'm leaving for a 2-3 day tour of northern Arkansas tomorrow. We'll have to meet up soon now that the weather is nicer.