First VFR, first Honda...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by QtrLitre, Oct 25, 2019.

1. QtrLitre

QtrLitre New Member

United States
    Greetings everyone,

Proud new owner of a 2014 Interceptor. Love this bike! put almost 500 miles on the first weekend i had it.
    I haven't done that much riding right off the bat since i got my 2012 Ninja 1000 [which i still have, its at 56k now]
    I've had a bike from the Japanese big 4 and i have to say the fit and finish on the Honda is the best. Honda considers every piece of the machine, some extra care is taken with everything [like the little cover over the battery under the rider's seat]
    The two bikes are competitors and it is cool how they are two different takes on a sport touring motorcycle.
    Used all your posts during my research before deciding to pull the trigger, thanks for sharing.

2. GreginDenver

GreginDenver New Member

United States
    Map
    Great way to start out with Honda, you picked the Honda with the most character (possibly the last evidence of the old Honda greatness), and the most enjoyable sport bike out there.

"QtrLitre"? Me too... although my daughter rides it more these days.
    [​IMG]

3. QtrLitre

QtrLitre New Member

United States
    I had a Ninja 250 as my first bike [didnt know it was the gateway drug at the time....] it was a 2002 yellow and purple Lakers colors...

Yep it definitely has character, not many V4s around. I rode one at the Honda truck in 2016 at IMS Long Beach and wanted one ever since.
    Proves that demos sell bikes, we may not be able to get the current model year but most addicts i know have a running list and snag one when funds allow.