FI - Two Blinks. OK to ride anyway?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Knife, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    My choke cable has been stuck for a while and I couldn't get it to free up. I finally had to pull the gas tank and the entire air box to get to the cable, which was kinked. I unlinked it and it works fine now.

I also cleaned and oiled the K&N filter.

I put everything back together, fired it up (rough for a few seconds, then smooth idle), and the FI light came on after a few seconds. It blinks twice, which according to the manual means either:
    1) Loose or poor contacts on MAP sensor connector, or...
    2) Faulty MAP sensor.

I checked the connection and it's tight. The MAP sensor wasn't faulty before I started, so I'm skeptical that now it's suddenly bad.

I did a search and found a 2007 post saying that the MAP is only operable at very small throttle openings, and is ignored at higher throttle openings (or something to that effect). I have a 3,500 mile ride starting next Sunday. If this statement is true, should I just ignore this, or am I looking for trouble?

I could really use some help with this. I only have tomorrow to fix this, if it needs to be fixed, otherwise I have to cancel my trip. Thanks to all!