fi light 02 Wiring problems

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by gareth mcdonnell, Jul 3, 2020.

1. gareth mcdonnell

gareth mcdonnell New Member

Ireland
    hi everyone I'm new i have a
    2004 vfr
    I have a wiring issue hopefully you might be able to help me with, so it started when I replaced my full exhauste for a full delkavic system fitted the 02 sensors into my new exhauste started the bike and I got fi fault code 24 02 sensor my bike is only running on 2 cylinders the front 2. After a lot of checking i found that I have no power going to rear coil packs or the faulty 02 sensor. I did a continuity test back to ecm, everything that is working buzzed nothing from the coils and other 02 sensor thats not working. I'm wondering is there a plug somewhere under the airbox that links all the live wires. Would appreciate any help thanks by the way the wires on the faulty 02 had been rubbing off the coolant pipe and were stripped and touching each other. I can't find any blown fuses. Thanks again.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  2. gareth mcdonnell

Ireland
    Found my issue it was a joint in the live wire (black/white stripe) in the bikes loom just over the left hand foot peg behind the frame water got in and the joint broke. It might help anyone in the future.

skimad4x4 and Hans Olsson like this.
  3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Thanks for posting up your finding the solution. Some would just let it go. What you did may help someone else who coms along and is looking for a solution to the same problem later and you helps in that cause.

BTW. Welcome to the World. You should post up in the Introductions section and tell us a little about your and your ride. Don't forget photos. And you bank card number and pin number. That will make the moderators very happy if they wake up ling enough to read of your arrival.

gareth mcdonnell likes this.
  4. gareth mcdonnell

Ireland

5. gareth mcdonnell

Ireland
    20200704_151118.jpg 20200704_151112.jpg Thanks here are a couple of pics of my bad wires, what a day stripping back the loom and then taping it all back up again 20200704_151118.jpg 20200704_151112.jpg

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I can imagine that. Well really I can't imagine that at all. I am sure they are wrapped by computer when they build them. Many years ago, (decades) when taking my electrical trailing, as an exercise, we teamed up in pairs and each took apart a 240V motor, counted the windings, replaced all the papers and re-wound the motor by had, then dipped it in a varnish and baked them. Me and my partner were the only successful team. Ours actually ran again. I took a right turn at graduation and took on a totally different career.

gareth mcdonnell likes this.