F2 or F3 front end swap on a VF700?

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by bobthebiker, May 22, 2011.

1. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

alright, I know this has likely been asked many times, the similar threads thing in the section to post a new topic only shows one similar though.

so, my query, can I swap F2 CBR front forks over to my V45? I'm contemplating the front and rear wheels, purely on the basis of 16" front and 18" rear=tire hell. at least the F2 used a 160/60/17 rear and a 120/70/17 front, plus the potential for better brakes if I figure how to mount F4i calipers somehow. but thats secondary, easy to find tire sizes, and the neater looking rims are what I'm most concerned with.

so what must be done to achieve this? I'm sure machining something is needed somewhere, or possibly pressing a steering stem out, something I'm sure.

2. Rasmus

Rasmus New Member

Oh yes everything is possible.. Your biggest problem with the CBR fork I think would be the total length of the fork, it will change your steering so much that the bike may be undriveable, it will steer way too fast. Just a 10mm lower fork will make a big difference. But its easy to test, just try to lower your fork 10mm as it is and see whats gonna happen.

3. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

craaapppppppp! that may not work out then.

4. Rasmus

Rasmus New Member

Narrrh dont think the CBR fork will be the way to go, but there's tons of other bikes that may be more interesting for ya ;-)

5. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

well, I'm only wanting the F2 forks because I like the way those wheels look, and that they're 17" in COMMON sport tire sizes I can get inexpensively.