Exhausts... Beating the horse, but it won't die...

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by KC-10 FE, Aug 29, 2003.

1. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Anybody have any experience with either Staintune, Jardine, or Micron cans on a 2000 or 2001 VFR?

Every Honda dealer I have spoken with tells me not to go with Jardine (too exspensive). I find this strange since Jardine is the Honda AMA road race supplier!? They say that TwoBros or Erion is the way to go. I have a TwoBros and I'm very dissapointed with the fit and finish. I had to spend two hours filing away at the foot peg just to get the stupid thing to line up correctly.

I know a few guys with Microns, but none on a VFR.

From what I can see, Staintune is one of the best on the market for any bike. They were actually really cool on the phone all the way from Down Under. The guy I talked to said that if it doesn't fit correctly, I could send it back no questions asked.

2. vfrrider

vfrrider New Member

Re: Exhausts... Beating the horse, but it won't di

I went with a Micron oval high mount on my 98. Great fit and finish. took about an half an hour to install from start to finish. Micron gets my vote.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

You CAN'T go wrong with the Staintune. It is simply faultless!! Go with the high mount, leave out the baffle, and you'll love it. It is melodious; that sound and the gear whine are wonderful. I've got it on a 2001 and w/o question was worth every penny.

4. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure that I'm going with Staintune. Everyone I know that has them says they are pretty much indestructable and all you have to do is go over it with steel wool or a scotch-brite pad to shine it up. I've only seen them on Ducati's. They sure do sound like music to me on a Duc. But then again, NOTHING sounds like a Honda V-4...

Thanks
    Hworth

5. waldrm

waldrm New Member

Don't touch your Staintune with steel wool or Scotchbrite or you will ruin the polished finish! Metal polish only, no abrasives. And yes, it is the best looking, sounding, and fitting aftermarket exhaust available.