exhaust pipe

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Paul04vfr, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Paul04vfr

Paul04vfr New Member

I'm wondering:confused: , if anybody knows off the top of their head what the width of the exhaust pipe is on the 6th gen right before the muffler. I measured with a micrometer and the direction top to bottom is 1.315 in but the other direction seems way bigger. I havent taken the exhaust off yet but thought I would ask if anyone knows the dimension side to side for the pipe??? Plus i'm being lazy and want to ride to work in the morning and am afraid I would'nt get back together without being in the garage real late. Yes I would like some cheese with my wine.
    Thanks for respones in advance

2. Paul04vfr

Paul04vfr New Member

I realized that the part I was measuring was not the piece that attatches to the muffler itself on the right side.:redface: I decided to just do the modification to my exhaust this weekend since its suppose to rain all weekend here.:mad: I had wanted to know because I had someone bend some 1.5 in pipe for me to weld onto the old pipe and use it to attatch the new mufflers that I had picked up at the shade tree(which just happens to be just down the road from my work:biggrin: ). I'm doing something similiar to what seadooloo did with his exhaust. Hope this goes without any hitches.

3. Paul04vfr

Paul04vfr New Member

I cut my mufflers off the bike today. I decided to start the bike with everything off from the cat back and man did that sound mean. Although i'm sure the first cop that saw(heard) me would be pulling me over. It has way on the loud side without the mufflers. Hopefully tomorrow at work I can get the other pieces of pipe welded on to the stock down tube then all I have to do is make a piece to fasten the new mufflers were the stock ones fasten. The wall thickness of the y section of pipe seems way thin. Hope all goes well.

4. seadooloo

seadooloo New Member

How did it go? I have been away for a while and just came across this thread. I recommend having the small pieces just tacked on so that you can cut the weld spot and move things around a little in order to get it right. If you need any info just let me know. You will love the sound.

5. Paul04vfr

Paul04vfr New Member

Thanks seadooloo for the offer:biggrin: I had a welder from the company I work for tig weld it for me. And just as you had said in your other thread about doing this exhaust we tacked it into place then pulled it off the bike and welded it up. I need to take a pic and show you what it looks like, not that you don't already know:biggrin: I'm just really happy you put the thread in about your exhaust because money wise it's alot less than buying other slip-on systems. Both pipes were only 73 dollars with tax.:biggrin: