exhaust header

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by 3dcycle, Feb 7, 2016.

1. 3dcycle

3dcycle New Member

United States
    Map
    hey everyone this is my first post here in quiet a long time, I am looking to replace my headers on my 02 vfr800 due to the previous owner put a big crease in it by my right foot. now the bike does run good no noticeable side effect, which surprised me. seat of pants puts it the same as my buddy 04. I have lived with it thus far but doing some other winter projects to it so I figured I would do this at the same time. I Do have a set of laser extreme exhaust on it now.
    my question is can I install the 5th gen 98-99 headers with no fitment issues? I know I would need to weld on the o2 sensor bungs then ceramic coat them but that's not a big deal. I thought I had read some where that they will/could hit the cct, is this true? also going cat less would I have to do a PC? I would like to do it now but just don't have the funds for that right now, I know not optimal but as long as its not bad im good with that for now.

Or would I just be better off to spend the $400 is on new aftermarket stuff?