Erion Exhaust

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Tripper, May 7, 2003.

1. Tripper

Tripper New Member

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience or knows of anyone who has experienced an erion exhaust for an 02 or 03 interceptor. I would think this should be one of the better exhausts out there because all they cater to is honda. ( at least I think that is all they cater too.) Also has anyone had any issues with their dealers over warranties and aftermarket modifications of any sort. I am under the impression that any modification to the powertrane of the motorcycle would void the warranty. The guys at my dealership said that if I wanted to put any after market stuff on the bike they would probably honor the warranty IF I had them do the work. Which I understand but at the same time dont know if I like. I appreciate any insight y'all could give.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Easy one.

If the failure is caused by a defect in materials or workmanship that is Honda's fault, the warranty will most certainly apply, as it must be federal law.

If the aftermarket part causes a failure, that specific CLAIM will not be honored, but the warranty remains intact. IOW, if a bolt falls out an eats the engine, they can't blame that on a muffler.

The dealer may try to scare you into not modifying the bike, but they have little legal standing to back them up. I suppose if you put "off road use only" parts on the bike, they can claim it is a race machine and void the entire warranty, but I've never heard of that happenning in the real world.

3. floorguy724

floorguy724 New Member

I bought the Erion exhaust a while back and I love'em!! I looked at just about all of the exhaust and chose Erion! No Regrets.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hey floorguy724, how loud is the Erion compared to stock. I am looking for an aftermarket pipe and do not want it sound like a small-block V8. I have had good experiences in the past fitting Erions to Hondas but have never put one on a V-4 engine.

Thanks,
    -Jason.

5. floorguy724

floorguy724 New Member

It's a lil' louder at idle than stock, but sounds killer up in the RPM's. The "rumble" that it produces is like sweet music to my ears ;D. There is an exhaust comparison somewhere on here between Staintune, Two Bros, I'll try to find it. IMO the Erion's sound mostly llike the Two Bros, except both canisters are fuctional. Late

6. tbtapper

tbtapper New Member

I have no experience with 3rd party exhaust on 6th gen viffers but I can't possibly wonder why someone would not like the sound of a SBC V8.

I have gutted my stock system and the sound is totally intoxicating. VFRing through the mountains of NC reminds me EVERY time why I bought a VFR.

I can afford anything but the VFR has the most fabulous sound I've ever heard. Lots of squids on inlines but none come close to the wail of VFR.

Cost of mod was zero. Honestly I don't think aftermarket cans make much extra HP and the effect of gutting the stock exhaust probably closely equals the gains.

The looks of Staintunes or Erions is nice but worth $600 or $700?? Well not to me.

Just my thoughts.

tbtapper

7. mtradtke

mtradtke New Member

Hey tbtapper!! How difficult was it to clean out your stock mufflers? I've been thinking about doing the same to my 02 VFR. Please post some instruction! Thank you

8. tbtapper

tbtapper New Member

Actually, it took about 2 hours most of that time spent getting the cans off the bike. Just basic unbolting.

There is a whole thread here of was it the VFR discussion forum?? can't remember with pictures and the whole works.

Probably worth tracking down. Basically what I ended up doing was removing the backing plate which effectively eliminates all the routing that Honda did.

Sound is not overly loud especially at cruise but as you go through the gears there is a very unique growl as you wind it out.

TT

9. mtradtke

mtradtke New Member

Thanks for the quick response. With the wife and baby out of town this week, I may attempt it.

Michael

10. vfr-xander

vfr-xander Guest

i had a mechanic do this mod for me. the vfr discussion forum was where the link was, btw.

he cut the ends of the cans off and cleaned out the baffles and then re welded the ends together. he seemed to think that a lot of the people on that thread were just taking the end of the can off and bolting back on the beauty cover, which he thought was pretty stupid. i thought people were going into the can and just hacking off the ends of the two small tubes which defeats the circulation in the can. my mechanic took everyting out except for the can liners, of course. i think it sounds great. it's not all deep and super throaty sounding, more of a midrange note to it. most people that hear it think it sounds great.

good luck.

11. Banderso

Banderso New Member

United States
    Map
    The pipes look great, floorguy 724,Did you polish the back wheel? It looks great also.
    thanks

12. floorguy724

floorguy724 New Member

Thanks!!, I did polish my own rear wheel, it was a PITA, there is a few How-to's around here.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

hey jasonhallman03vfr you can download staintune,micron, and two bros. exhaust note on www.is2k.com. its in the automotive section.