Eighth gen. wheels

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by James Bond, May 24, 2016.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    They are definitely of better quality than previous generations but still not a smooth casting or paint job to the level of BMW's. Found that out today when I removed, cleaned and polished the rear wheel when putting on a new tire. It will feel so good to throw the old OEM tire in the trash where it belongs..... Oh, well, pay for a Honda, get a Honda.

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Not sure what you're getting at exactly.....

3. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    I don't even know where to begin with this post. BMW's have a repoutation sure, but it's cannot touch Honda's rep for quality coupled withfit and finish. So far, every BMW owner I've met has been an ex-BMW owner now riding a Yamaha or Honda.

Who cares if a wheel casting is smooth. I'd far rather it be well balanced.

4. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    I suspected this would turn into a Honda vs. BMW and BMW bashing thread. BMW was meant only as a reference point. The post is self-explanatory but carry on. Anyone that's ever been in a BMW build plant (I have) or seen the way Honda does the same (it's on Youtube) knows that both build good machines. One for the masses, the other not so much. Both are business models that work. Enough side-tracking. Honda has a better wheel than in the past if that helps.

5. Tiutis

Tiutis New Member

United States
    Map
    8th Gen wheels look awesome. On of the best looking wheels on sport touring bike. Anyone weighed them comparing of previous gens?
    I heard on some review its a unique/Honda -first design. Anyone know what's so special about them?

6. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    They do look better than the old wheels, IMO. I think the uniqueness is that the spokes are hollow. I haven't weighed them but they "seem" to be a little lighter. Not as much as I would like but they're an improvement.