Ebay leather jacket

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Rylee, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Rylee

Rylee New Member

United States
    So I got my Ebay Dani Pedrosa reproduction jacket today. Just a little back story...

I decided to do their custom fit form option because at 6'2 255lbs I'm far from an off the shelf purchase. I have an Alpine stars GP pro jacket in a euro 58 and where it fits it's perfect, but its lose in many areas. So I found the jacket I liked on Ebay, screen shot the picture containing the spots to measure and went to a local seamstress. She took accurate measurements based off the 22 point form. I then added a CM to each measurement for safety. She charged me 10 bucks to measure which I felt was well worth it to have a custom fit jacket.

Filled out the form and shot it off to the seller and awaited a reply. Since the seller was in Dubai I didnt expect a quick turnaround but, I received a response in less than 24 hours. Got it all squared away and processed payment. There wasn't much communication for about a week and then I got an email saying the jacket was ready for shipment. Again a blackout with communication and about a week later they updated with tracking and the jacket was already in the US. Couple days later it showed up at my door. FedEx required a signature so I had to actually go to their hub and pick it up because I'm not home when they tried to deliver.

Finally got by there today and grabbed the jacket. Got home and like a kid on christmas morning tore into the packaging. Which honestly was a little shabby for a heavy jacket.

Made sure to have just a t-shirt on for the try on. As I started to put an arm in the sleeve it felt too tight and I was a little worried. Worked myself into the jacket, shifted around a bit to get it positioned and zipped up the front. Man oh man I have to say it's a bit snug but it fits me exactly how I hoped it would. That extra CM helped a bunch. It's a little tight but the break in should put it exactly where it needs to be for fitment. I hopped on the bike to test riders position and it eased in a little more so than just standing in it.

Simply said...
    $325 total cost
    17 days from payment processed to my door
    Fitment is spot on based off the measurements I provided.
    Cowhide feels amazing.
    The only thing I will most likely upgrade is the back plate as it's just a tempered high density foam.

Jacket feels about the same as my $900 Alpine stars jacket. Weight is similar and with the exception of the backplate has the same level of safety in the armor. The ebay jacket has a standard hump which is a first for me on just a jacket. Even with the lower back panel I feel it may sit a little high on my waist when fully tucked but all in all I couldn't be happier with it!

The jacket has ventilation under the arms that runs down the underside of the sleeve a bit. I added the Keprotek for a little more stretch in the ribs and under arms. Has the typical interior pocket and 2 outside pockets and the front lower portion. Hopefully in the next few weeks it breaks in a little and the fit becomes absolutely perfect. 20200225_194748.jpg 20200225_200825.jpg

Mind_Surfer likes this.