East of Skyline Drive residents, recognize these photos?

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by two4one, Jul 6, 2007.

1. two4one

two4one New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm planning my next trip on the east coast. Back in '05 I took a trip from PA to FL while spending a lot of time in VA. I found some absolutely beautiful roads/horse farms/scenery that I would like to revisit. Problem is, I didn't do a good job of marking where I was because I was following my nose and not any particular route. Does anyone recognize any of these houses or places? All I can tell you is I was somewhere west of 231 and 29 but east of Skyline Drive. Sorry for being vague but that's all I can tell you.

Any input would be appreciated!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chris in va

chris in va New Member

Beautiful area. Hard to tell, pretty typical for the whole region out in the horse country. Just looking at Mapquest I see a couple minor roads west of 231...Etlan road or Wolftown. Of course these all branch off into dozens of smaller roads that probably got you to those pictures. Madison county is very nice.

That stretch of 522/Fort Valley Road is fantastic. I just bought a VFR, can't wait to get it running and go for a back country road trip.

EDIT: Could also be Graves Mill Road.

3. two4one

two4one New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to get lost again and hope for the best. I do remember them being pretty small roads off the beaten pathc. Those are the most rewarding trips. No particular route just a couple reference points and tons of space in between. GPS, bah!

Best of luck with your VFR.

4. cajohn

cajohn New Member

I have not been up there yet ,But will be going on may 11 leaving out of sw fl. maybe 1 or 2 week trip if I see your house I will let you know