Damn Harley Guy!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by JoshVFR, Jan 15, 2011.

1. JoshVFR

JoshVFR New Member

Hey guys. I have been wanting to ask some of you this and talk about this for a very long time. I have finally decided that I would write it out and get some Feedback. When I first bought my VFR in mid-Sep last year I thought I would take it for a quick run to the local Coffee shop. I hadn't even owned my 2000 VFR800 for a week when I went drove the bike there, so I finally arrive at the Coffee shop. I park the bike and sit outside and admire it like I always do. (Sorry no life) I sat down on a picnic table in front of a Harley guy that seemed to be asleep. He also had his bike there and it looked to me like a newer Harley Ultra Classic. This guy finally comes to and begins speaking to me.. He looks at my VFR and starts gettin' a little chirpy, I entertained him for a while and continued a half-ass conversation. He asks me how fast I've had the bike up to, I told him that I just bought it and haven't had the opportunity to wind it out a little. He then says that his Ultra Classic that looked like a tank and looked extremely slow could literally whip my ass in a race. I seriously wanted to ask him if he was drunk or semi- nuts or something or maybe I should've asked him, lets go right now, Pinks.. So after he spirted out this bullshit I turned around in extreme Haste and told him that I didn't want to argue with him. Leave it to me to miss an opportunity.. Sorry guys I know this is getting long. Needless to say I left and was really dissapointed in myself.. Do u guys think that he was right and he could thomp a 5th Gen VFR on an Ultra Classic? What do you guys think? Or do you guys think like me and believe that I would've slaughtered him? I would love to hear everyone's opinions.. I can't stop thinking about the whole ordeal and it seems to be bothering me.. I have read that the VFR can do a 1/4 mile in high 10's and low 11's, If I haven't been lied to that is. I know the VFR is certainly no slouch and I'm very young and have been known to race a bit.. I almost forgot, he mentioned to me that he had his Harley at 200mph with a half helmet on. I was almost sure that he was simply very good at running his mouth..

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I have raced many and only had one that suprised me, gave him a head start and he left the stop on the back wheel. I was so suprised I forgot to take off. Aside from that one time it has never been even a little close. Smoked one like a fat blunt a couple of years back on my DRZ. It was funny as hell how mad he got.

3. JoshVFR

JoshVFR New Member

Thanks Toe. That's what I thought. I'll know better next time..

4. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    I'm not sure exactly what HP and TQ numbers the 5th gen's are puttin up, but I would bet that they are higher than Mr Shit talkin Harleydood's. Add to that the fact that you are a couple hundred pounds lighter than him, it's kind of an obvious win for the VFR. He would have to have massive ammounts of work done to his ride to even come close to your stock numbers. So just based on power to weight and my own experience with friends of mine that ride HD, he may have jumped you off the line with gobs of TQ, but not more than a wheel length, and not for long. Win for Honda all the way. Harley Owners Need Dependable Alternatives...............

5. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    Oh, and don't let dumbass shit talkin MF'ers taunt you into racing them, when you allready know you're faster.........just bound to get you hurt, in trouble, or both. Not to say I've never smoked a cager/cruiser on principle before, just reminding people that it's not the best of ideas.

6. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I've got a buddy at work who has a CBR929 and he also owns a Harley V-ROD. The CBR could take my 6th Gen, but the Harley could not. The V-ROD was quick, but my VFR had a little more. I've owned a 5th Gen and I believe the motor to be equal in performance to the 6th. I would have bet my paycheck on you.

7. JoshVFR

JoshVFR New Member

Thanks guys! Awesome info.. I would never race unless seriously provoked or they were driving obnoxiously slow or just felt the desire to pass. (Safely) Its great to know that this guy was just talkin' out of his Ass.. I appreciate the support.

8. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    :pop2:........

9. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I'd a whupped his ass on my 1000mph 1200..

10. harleyxlc

harleyxlc New Member

United States
    I'd kick all of your asses with my harleys.

Oh wait, no I wouldn't :)

11. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Even if he had a hopped up Harley you still wouldn't have to worry. A lot of those guys have never ridden anything else. So they don't know what a fast bike really is let alone how to really ride. Plus he was probably compensating for "Little Dick Syndrome".

12. MiddleTBabb

MiddleTBabb New Member

United States
    Map
    All I can do with those types is walk away... and try not to laugh. Truly not even worth the ten seconds you spent listening to him.:welcome:

13. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    heh heh , I asked my brother in law (who rides an Indian and a harley) about the possibility of a harley hitting the 200 MPH mark...he spit out his coffee and was laughinghis ass off. but then he said sure its totally possible, the moron probably changed out the gearing for the speedo.......

I forgot what else I was gonna say......... man ADD sucks...

14. naphza

naphza New Member

Just forget the whole incident. Obviously, the guy was a complete asshole to even speak to you in the tone you described. 200 mph. What a joke. The guy was either out of his mind, high, drunk, or all of the aforementioned. Would u go up to a total stranger and start running your mouth about how great your bike was? I didn't think so. BTW Harley speedos only go up to 120 I believe. V Rod might be different. It's guys like him that give HD riders the reputation they are famous for. I would only like to add that not all HD riders act like this jerk. Some are worse. And some are pretty good guys. After all, I used to ride Harleys.

15. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been drinking and riding. Harley riders just don't do that.

16. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Nobody dislikes the Harley clowns more than me and KC-10FE...well at least vocally on this board in the past.

Let it go is my best advice. This Harley guy is probably on an HD forum talking about how he insulted some Honda owner and how that caused his dick to grow 8 more inches and his ol' lady's snatch quit stinking and his Harley is now going to be ridden by Rossi in Moto GP.

Not worth the time or effort brother, UT! if he is at that coffee shop again and starts talking shit take him up on it. Get his e-mail and make a date to show up at a local drag strip when they have open night and invite some friends and make sure he has his Harley -dood-clown friends with and smoke his ass.

BZ

17. IA-Mike

IA-Mike New Member

When I used to commute on my '99 Buell S3 (101hp at the output, 85'lb) mostly stock, I had a dad and son HD duo ride up next to me on a 4-lane with several stop lights ending with a 1/4mi. run to the freeway. The kid (about 20) had a really loud Dyna. At the first light he looked over and reved it like they always do, I just looked at him. He took off and thought he was really cool.

I started looking around to makes sure there weren't any cops around that could nail us. At the second light I teased him a little knowing that we'd get stopped at the thrid light.

When #3 went green I let him get a jump on me. I would have loved to see the look on his face when I blew past him long before we entered the freeway. I cut the throttle at 100 and backed off. He never came up to me probably wimpering that his $5,000 Stage III upgrade couldn't even come close to beating another HD built motor. I'm guessing his dad was saying "To become old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid!)

18. naphza

naphza New Member

Of course they don't. What was I thinking. Please forgive my faux pas.

19. JoshVFR

JoshVFR New Member

All of you guys have really good answers.. Lol. I'm fairly new to the VFR and motorcycles in general, and starting to realize the true potential of the VFR.. I guess in conclusion I just hope I run into him again. If he would like to talk out of his ass some more he may find me to be much more talkative.. From what everyone's been saying he must be out of his mind and apparently does not realize the potential of Sport bikes/Sport touring bikes.. I get tired of running into people like this. It is funny but I live near a man who owns a V-Star 1200 and he regularly likes to come over to me when I'm detailing my bike and spurt off at the mouth.. It must come down to jealousy I suppose, regardless it drives me completly insane. Oh well, I know what I have and now I have a good idea of what my/our bikes can do. They must realize that their comparing apples to oranges or something like that.. And again, thank you all for the great input..

20. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Josh,

Keep in mind that this same guy has three brothers all with the same first name and is married to his sister.

E. Plurbus Unum.. "One of many."