could use help geting my 86 vfr 750 running oone the road

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mattrat, Sep 24, 2012.

1. mattrat

mattrat New Member

hay i just got a 86 vfr750 and it need some work and i need all the help i can get on it its also my first big bike and i dont really have any one that knows any thing about vfr ......one of the things i need help with is the battery is geting pretty hot when i was rideing it and it was spiting acid i think the regulator has burned out and is puting out to many volts so i need to no is there a cheap good one to buy or do i need to go to honda and get one there.....my fuel pump also burned up and it had a car fuel pump and i was needing to know if i could use a car pump or do i need to get that from honda too ......and there is one more problem i have blown 4 main 15a fuses i would love to know why if any of u could help
    any help will be amazing thank you

2. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    uh... yeah your RR is toast.... PM TOECUTTER ha knows of a cross over that is way cheaper than the original. as far as the fuel pump goes... as long as it is the low pressure pump 1-2 PSI (I think) you should be okay. as far as popping the fuses... you need tostart chasing wires to see if you have a short.. but when you change the RR that might stop... oh, the connector from the rr is probably toast as well... if you have heated your battery up to where it is spitting acid...... and don't jump start the bike with your auto while the auto is running you will cook the RR( that is probably what happened in the beginning...) don't ask me how I know Just don't do it...

And as rules dictate as a new member you have to post a picture of the bike no matter what condition it is in....

3. mattrat

mattrat New Member

thank you and i posted pic last night .......PM TOECUTTER ? is that another member or what is it

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    "Toecutter" is a shortcut on the search function, as he knows all the answers to your VFR questions, but another expert, "Tinkerbelle," is nearer to you.

You'll need to use quantities of water and baking soda to neutralize the acid or risk scarring various components. Battery acid on a swingarm does really nasty things, so clean up !:tongue: