Cortech tankbag pas thru port...ideas?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by WGREGT, Mar 2, 2014.

1. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    I just this week finally found a dealer willing to come off MSRP for a Cortech tankbag I've been looking at since....October? So I bought it.

Thing is, I'd like to have another one of these pass-thru ports on the left side. They also have a cool little velcro disc on the inside of the bag to keep it closed. I asked Cortech about getting another one, but the rep is clueless.

Anyhow, I've looked around online to try and find another one of these little ports, and thought I'd ask here in case any of you have come across one somewhere. Of course I'd prefer to have one just like this, but I'd take a look at any of them. Maybe someone has a better contact at Cortech/Helmet House, or knows who makes their stuff?
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I can't say I am the slightest bit impressed with dealing with Cortech/Helmet House for after sale issues. If you have nothing better to do, you can check out my dealings with them over a Tourmaster Jacket here. http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthre...-Jacket/page4?highlight=Tourmaster+Transition A fairly long read.If I were you, I would look around Auto Electric supply houses for some sort of rubber grommet and with the right epoxy type glue, you can add new ports to your tank bag where ever you want to put it. I will say though, I had Cortech Saddle bags up until I acquired some hard bags. I have nothing bad to say about those, Nor their trunk bag. They served me very well on three trips to R3

3. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    I have no idea if/where you can get another, but making one would be about $2. Cordura melts real well with a soldering iron, and velcro is cheap too.

Just a thought.

Larry

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Powerlet makes kits for luggage, but if I remember correctly, one member built his own by buying from a camping store, Camping World? I think. They sell stuff for RVs too, so that's what makes me think it was Camping World.

Here's a link to Powerlet: http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-product/luggage-electrix/LUGTRIX

5. WGREGT

WGREGT New Member

United States
    yeah, I saw those Powerlet ones. A bit too overdone for what I want, and a bit too much cost-wise for this. I'm looking for this .02 solution if I can find one. These things should be 1000 for $2 if I can find them.