color matched sidebags

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by Mezambo, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Mezambo

Mezambo New Member

I'm thinking of getting an 07 RWB from Ebay. Is it possible to still get the blue Honda color matched sidebags? Does anybody know?

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Good luck....................

3. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    They do have them. For a while the manufacturer (givi) had them on back order for quite some time. I have not heard if that was resolved. A dealer would know. They cost a lot new.

4. motorhead1977

motorhead1977 New Member

United States
    Map
    AFAIK you can still get them. I put 06 Pearl White on mine cause I wanted a different look. Stock bags were too much blue at the rear. I would look for a used set though since they are over $1,000 new. Much cheaper used. About 1/2 of new. If you buy used be sure they come with ALL the mounting hard wear as I understand that you cannot buy just the hard wear from Honda. The white on a RWB looks like this:
    [​IMG]

5. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    They should still be available from Honda. Call your local dealer and see what they can come up with.

+1 for getting them second hand. I've yet to see a set of RWB color mached bags for sale.... making them even harder to find than my asphalt black. Everyone that gets them loves them to death and usually won't come off them unless they go with the bike when it is sold or they have a wreck and the bags don't happen to be on at the time.

As others have said... new they are over $1000...around $1200 I think once taxes and all that is said and done. Used you should be able to come up with them for $500-600 if you can find them in the color you want. If not, it might be cheaper to pick up a used set of a different color and have them painted somewhere. I picked mine up used for $300... by the time I'm done painting I will have a hell of a lot more money to use for whatever else I want to do to the bike.

6. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map