clutch work

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Guest, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

G'day folks
    I was wondering if anyone had heard of a way to lighten the pressure on the clutch lever of a hydralic clutch such as the one on my VF1000R as i have problems with my hands and find ride times can be cut very short at times :( ..any thoughts are greatly appreciated......

2. rshimmel

rshimmel New Member

There was a string on this site about that awhile back--someone suggested putting an elastic (rubber band) or two around the lever to reduce the pulling resistance. Have to be careful about overdoing that or you'll fry your clutch. Otherwise, you might just try adjusting the lever toward the bar so you're not pulling as far--on most bikes you don't have to pull it all the way in to disengage the clutch and you should be able to do it with two fingers. And you can try rotating the grip/lever so it's not too far up or down from parallel, since that puts a lot of strain on your wrist. Other folks even talked about doing hand exercises for grip strength.?.. ride safe! rick 8)

3. Hedgehog

Hedgehog New Member

You should be able to just get a smaller master cylinder to lighten the pressure. Brembo makes high quality brake parts. One place to get them is yoyodyneti.com. I've bought stuff from him for my Ducati. You would need to find out what size your current master cylinder is, and go from there to a smaller one.