Clutch slave cylinder

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Cyborg40, May 11, 2019.

1. Cyborg40

Cyborg40 New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi can anyone help. I can’t seem to remove the old piston? Do I need a special tool? I want to rebuild it as I think it’s seized. TIA btw I’ve got a 93 750 f RC36 cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    did you still have the line attached to the slave? You can use the hydraulics to push it out - 2. you could attach a grease gun to the zerk fitting and use grease to push it out - 3, you could use internal cir-clip pliers to grip the inside of the piston and pull it out.

Food for thought - in my years of experience, I like to pop for a new slave cylinder, my over-hauls on these have been fruitless. Lots of corrosion generally and just not worth it imho. Peace and post pictures of your bike! :worthless:

Cyborg40 likes this.
  3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

If you already have the slave Cylinder off of the bike and disconnected from the clutch MC, you can always use compressed air to pop it out. I used a rubber tipped air nozzle and put it into the banjo bolt hole and pushed the pistons out of a brake caliper this way. You obviously have to be careful on how much pressure you use and where you point the piston. I like to use a folded up towel and place it under the piston and try and blow the piston into the towel. Don’t want to have the piston flying across the garage!

Cyborg40 likes this.
  4. Cyborg40

Cyborg40 New Member

United Kingdom
    Cheers I will try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. gcvt

gcvt New Member

United States
    Map
    This is how I got mine out and it didn't take much air pressure at all. Just popped right out!