Cheep Body Panels

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by vfr2k2, Sep 1, 2011.

1. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

I bet most of you know this but just in case anyone is wondering how good are the OEM fairings from wherever Honda has them made I can tell you they are fantastic.
    I pulled a lot of petals from a daisy before I finally made up my mind to make an order. I am guilty of procrastination but I’m thinking of changing that.
    I was reasononably sure that if they were OEM naturally they wouldn’t be crap. That’s not what OEM products are. They are not cheap and trashy and likely to break. I was expecting a quality product for a high price.
    To save a buck I ordered the body panels from a big Online Store in the USA and had them shipped to a sales tax exemp State. My wife and I then booked a hotel there for a week. We could then return to Canada with a tax exemption large enough to exempt the fairing from import duties and Canadaian taxes. Saved a least 15 percent.
    The fairings were delivered well packed, beautifully painted and fit perfectly. No soup like color here. Perfect match. Perfect paint. Beautiful thick ABS just like my originals. I called the seller and praised them for the great service and quality of the product.
    I paid $700 for the two lowers. Since I sold my bike as is I still have the these beautiful fairngs. I will sell them for what I paid for them. Less the US vacation of course. Nah, I wouldn’t do that to anyone. I listed them on this site for $220 each and all I got was a couple of low ballers wanting me to drop the fairings off at their location well packed in a box with $100 to cover installation. But we all make our own decisions and have to live with them.
    Cheep, Cheep, Cheep.

2. Drod

Drod New Member

United States
    Which lowers were they? white pearl? which year? oh, any photos? thanks

3. huck731

huck731 New Member

if only they where 85 fairings.

4. UR2CLOSE

UR2CLOSE New Member

Can you deliver to Australia also and fit them. lol

5. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    Can you post a link of where you got your plastics from?

6. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

To: ur2close

What a fantastic plate!

Abolutlely! I'll deliver them and do the install with new bolts and clips. Wax them as well. You're going to cover shipping right???

Love to visit there somtime. Thanks for the humour!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  7. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

8. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

03 VFR, NH411M, Force Silver. PM me for photos.

9. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

When I posted this it was meant as a light hearted parody as a result of my reading the thread "China body panels". A fantastic thread which stirred intesting replies. A day in the life of a shopper..... While the content of my post is entirely true it is an anecdote of my purchase of parts and my attempt to save a buck. A day in the life of a shopper. Instead of China I went to the USA. Instead an unhappy ending, a happy ending...etc, etc...Same story....etc....It's interesting to see the comments to both threads in comparison.
    I did not intend it to be an ad for my parts.....although if that's the result, so much the better.......

10. stkelly2

stkelly2 New Member

I am looking for a lower right cowl for my 99 VFR. Any chance that yours are Red?

11. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    ^^^ Reading comprehension.

You fail it.

12. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

Is this a self observation.....did you read and comprehend "ATGATT"

13. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    My post was in regards to stkelly2 (post above my own, hence the ^^^) asking about your fairings you're selling. You mentioned that they were for an '03, and in Silver. I guess I wasn't specific enough.

He asked if they were for a totally different bike (5G) and in a totally different color.

I also fail to find anything relevant about your ATGATT reference. If I had posted something in an ATGATT thread about my recent crash, then it might be different.

14. UR2CLOSE

UR2CLOSE New Member

To: vfr2k2 Thanks I love it too.

I have only had the bike for a month, and they came with it as a bonus. Get this though, our registration people know how to get every last kopek out of you, I had to pay a transfer fee on the bike to transfer it over to my name and then pay another fee to transfer the personal plate over. Maybe I can auction the plate and get enough to pay the rego, lol.