Can ya smell that? It is spring!

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by TOE CUTTER, Jan 4, 2011.

1. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I am already chomping at the bit for riding this year and it is close......I can smell it! At the very least I am going to this years SLO, Long's bachelor party and his birthday party (cock sucker is gonna make me ride that f'd up ride twice this year....god bless him) Moto GP, and Rockie Mountain National Park. The bike is serviced and ready to go and so am I.

What do you hookers have on the schedule? My home and beer is always open to all that wander this way. Let us hear the plans of epic trips.

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    havcar and I were just planning a couple options yesterday.

your RMNP trip is on our list

The stork is due to arrive June 30th so some road trip time during prime riding season may be sacrificed.

Not sure if havcar's bike has seen slab tires and who knows what kind of temper-tantrums it will throw.

3. JoshVFR

JoshVFR New Member

God I really wish it was Spring!! Goin' nuts without the bike! F*** ***, Winter! Lol..
    Hey TOE CUTTER. How's it goin' man? I totally agree with you about really wanting to ride. To help cope, I finally installed a few things on my bike. The UPS guy finally showed up at my door step with my parts.. My tank pad, a Carbon Fiber gas cap cover and some new gel Pro grips. Sweet! Just waitin' on my Black Levers...
    Has anyone else added anything to their bike during this seasonal down time? I realize that some of you are extremely lucky and are riding due to you're location or shear nerve..

4. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    Josh,
    Get you a dual sport to help cope with winter
    [​IMG]

5. JoshVFR

JoshVFR New Member

tinkerinWstuff,
    That is a wicked dual sport man! Damn.. I would definitely like to pick one up one day, but unfortunately I couldn't do it and barely have storage for my Viffer right now..
    How does she ride though man?

6. tinkerinWstuff

United States
    Map
    it rides better than I can. It's a whole different world from the VFR and they complement each other nicely.

7. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Cali is probably a no go for me. But Tink and I, and possibly a few others, are in the preliminary stages of thinking about a possible trip to Tooele for World Superbike, maybe. So if anyone wants to make a soft commitment to visit Morman country for a few good races....

I'll be looking forward to your trip to Colorado, make it a few days if at all possible, RMNP is just the beginning. If you do stretch it out, maybe I'll take Tink's advice and put a higher mileage tire on.

8. JTC

JTC New Member

United States
    Map
  9. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I haven't ridden for a week and half or so. Spring time around here smells like liquid manure. My trips are a plenty, but not on the bike. Am going to have to pass on Slo this year. Fack. Cause I have a cruise in a couple weeks, two trips back to Winterpeg Manitscolditolya for weddings and anniversaries. My own 25th and a trip to Scotland. I hear they have a few distilleries there.

But the Rat Pack are hoping to do a small ride to an undisclosed location at an undisclosed time. Private affair. In othe words, we don't know when or where yet.

10. MrDen

MrDen New Member

tentative plans for this year include long's, slo, and possibly a trip to sacto area/yosemite. nothing is firm at this time. will be in michigan for a family reunion at the end of july.

11. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Well if spring smells like 15F, 6 inches of snow, and salt spreaders, then its just around the corner for me! Actually, that's only 2 days away - hooray!

No significant rides planned, although once again I have thoughts of a sabbatical. Its hard to do when you run your own company, have mortgages, college tuition, new drivers in the house, wah, wah wah. You get the idea.

But someday - SOMEDAY! - the day will come when I make the cross country trip. I want/need to do this just to have Toe wash my bike. (And Toe is probably going "who the fuck is this guy???") lol...

12. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I will have soap and water at the ready.

13. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    If you're serious about your scotch, and I think you are, visit Murray McDavid while you're in Scotland. They don't do any distilling, what they do rather, is purchase rare scotches from the distilleries and age them for varying amounts of time (sometimes an obscene amount, 50+) in the rarest hand-selected barrels in the world. Haut Brion, Maderia, Sherry, Cognac, or whatever barrel profiles you prefer, they'll have aged a world class scotch in it. The juice is hard to find in North America and when it can be obtained the price can be prohibitive (although not always), but in Scotland it's a diffirent story. Jim McEwan, perhaps the finest blender in the world, selects all of the scotches from only the best distilleries; Bruichladdich, Glen Morangie, Laphroaig, etc etc. They remain single distillery, single-malt, although age designates may be blended. Take it from someone in the business, it's not to be missed.

Murray McDavid

14. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    and if the weather is really warm ...he wears a thong, wig, and high heels while he washes the bike... :puke:

15. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Yup. I am developing into a real Scotch Snob. ANd not one who is normally in favour of a blend. Chivas sux compared to HP. But that does look interesting. Better not laet the lady see any of the prices I am anticipating though. Maybe I will tell here that it is for madicinal purposes so that I can live long enough to work long enough, to make money enough, to leave hers alone. Works for me. How bout you?

16. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    I think thats just you farting and pulling the covers up over your head.

Will be at Laguna this year, dance card looks very full with family things for this year, but some other trips may be squeezed in.

17. barleymashers

barleymashers New Member

United States
    Map
    Lots of snow here, the roads are clear of it but full of salt. So I am not riding, it sucks getting stuff for the bike as Christmas presents and not being able to try them out. Should only be a few more months now, then it is pot hole dodging season.

18. creaky

creaky New Member

United States
    Got all the way up to 28F here this aft. Thoughts of riding vaporized after about 30 minutes in the garage with spanners and screwdrivers slipping from my grasp due to an inability to get my fingers to cooperate with my alleged brain.........or maybe it was the other way around.

19. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    So many plan............So little time

20. JamieDaugherty

JamieDaugherty New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, how very optimistic of you Toe! Around here the riding season just got over about six weeks ago and we haven't really even hit winter yet. Jan and Feb are the biggest months for snow. You are lucky to get a handful of rides March too.

April can't come soon enough!