Calling VFRW Member "Speed"

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by RotaryRocketeer, Dec 10, 2014.

1. RotaryRocketeer

RotaryRocketeer New Member

Your inbox is full and I'm not sure you're still active on the forum, here's hoping. I tried to send this in a PM but was unable, so I'll just post it here.

"I saw in an old post of yours that you had done some experimenting with different front end setups on a 1986 model. I'd like to hear more specifically about your experience with the GSX-R750 parts. I have a front end from a 93-95 gixxer and I'm just wondering if you had any problems that were insurmountable. I was searching for a '94 GSX-R1100 setup like your pictures but got a complete assembly from a 750, with wheels and brakes, for dirt cheap. Thanks in advance for any advice or insight you may be able to provide me."

Input from any members knowledgeable on the subject matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Speed have not been active for Years
    Let me see if I can contact him.

3. RotaryRocketeer

For sure Long, I would really appreciate that! I checked his activity and saw that he hadn't been on since at least May, but thought it might be worth a shot. Just wanting to pick his brain a bit.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    If you go to his profile, you can send him an email message at his listed email address.

5. NormK

NormK New Member

One of the first things you would need to check is tube diameter, Jim on the CB1100 forum makes modified tripple trees and all sorts of trick goodies but like all one off stuff it, costs dollars

6. RotaryRocketeer

Diameter is 50mm but that won't be an issue as I'll be using the upper and lower triples from the GSX-R. The lower bearing is the same for both models and the upper bearing will be sized for the VFR since I'll use the factory steering stem. I just wanted to know if length is going to be an issue. As NormK so graciously informed me, the VFR forks are 850mm and the GSX-R1100 units are 760mm. The GSX-R750 fronts are 750mm.

7. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Speed email is obsolete and his cell number have been change :sad: Sorry i try ......

8. RotaryRocketeer

That's alright amigo. I really do appreciate the effort though. Now where was his last home address? I've got a couple ticket vouchers with Southwest Airlines hahahahaha!

Guess this project will be strictly trial and error, and error, and error.....

9. NormK

NormK New Member

As I said the boys over on the 1100 Supersport forum have amazing knowledge and skills and many have a soft spot for the VFR's as many of them seem to have them as well as their CB's