Buying 98 VFR - Stolen/recovered

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by Guest, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all...

I just got back from checking out a '98 VFR800. This bike was stolen, then recovered. It has 22k miles. Here's the bummer:

While being recovered, the bike got lifted by a strap onto the flatbed. The strap cracked pretty much ALL of the plastics! It's a real shame. All the plastics have beautiful paint, but they are all cracked!

I have not gotten to ride the bike, though we did run it and it sounds great. All other typical signs of misuse/damage are minimal. The tank paint and plastic paint are great.

Okay, here's the questions:

Anything you can think of that I should check before picking up the bike... Any typical issues found on 98 VFRs?

Anything anyone can suggest for repairing the plastics? I have all of the pieces. I looked at www.urethanesupply.com for the plastic welding stuff. It seems pretty straightforward. Advice from anyone out there?

Now, I am REALLY looking forward to Spring!

Nick

2. MP_Simmons

MP_Simmons New Member

Maybe the only reason it got recovered was cause the VR went out and sapped the battery...
    What a drag that the most significant damage was done by Billy Bubba the Bonehead wrecker driver.