Bulb Replacement

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by tyger508, Jul 29, 2004.

1. tyger508

tyger508 New Member

Hey Guys im new here, had my 2001 VFR for about 6 months now and just getting started with the mods!

First off, i just want to know how the heck to get the stock headlight bulb out, and put in some new brighter ones. I have the new brighter bulbs here, and i am told they will fit the '01 model, but i wasnt told how to do it. I have called dealers and they say i can bring it in, but that already sounds like wasted money....

Ok, i can feel/see the rubber gasket holding the stock bulbs in. Do i take that off? I can also feel around the housing of the stock bulb and feel some flanges, but i have tried pushing, pulling, and twisting them every-whichway but with no success. Or do i have to take off the front headlight fairing piece?? i am clueless, ANY help, pictures or diagrams would be appreciated. Thank you! ???

2. vfracer

vfracer New Member

Hi Ya.....Yea ....Just pull the boot off its just to keep the water out.
    There is a small brass color wire clip that you have to push down and out then it pops out .
    Clip will not fall out ...after you do it a few times its a snap.

We taked about this before in another tread if you want look around.
    You can use a Auto blub... bend the tabs over a small wire ...like from a hanger. Heck of alot cheaper.
    Send me an e-mail...I think I have a photo some where...
    vfracer1999@yahoo.com

VfrSteve