Bridgestone S21 front tire

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by James Bond, Aug 9, 2016.

1. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Just wondered if anyone has used the dual compound 'Stone S21 front tire with any Bridgestone rear? It seems like it would be a good front given the dual compound. I don't worry much about sliding a rear because that isn't so hard to deal with. Sliding a front is a very different story.

Any experience with the S21 as a front tire and how it sticks?

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Although I'm not running the Bridgestones, I do run a Sport front with Sport-touring rear (Michelin PP3/PR4). I like the PP front tire's profile and turn in better than the PR series front tires and the PP3 is considered an 85/15 dual compound (85% Street/15% Track) the mileage/wear seems to be on par with the rear tire.

I would guess to say that the S21 matched with a T30 EVO would work about the same. Of course YMMV (Literally and figuratively)

3. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    I'm running S21s front and rear, but I only have about 300 miles on them to this point. However, those miles are mostly in places like Palomar and Banner Grade in the mountains of San Diego County. S21 is interesting in the fact that the crown of the front is a little sharper than the S20 Evo while the rear is not as steep. The S20 Evo is more neutral, but the S21 transitions a little quicker in my mind. I've run PP3, S20 Evos, and S21, plus the OEM garbage, and the S21 is easily my favorite in terms of performance. Time will tell on longevity. I normally get 2500-3000 miles out of PP3 or S20 Evo. I'd think the S21f/T30r would make a decent combo.

4. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    A little video of the S21 on the VFR.
    [video=youtube;TfAH7Oa7CNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfAH7Oa7CNU[/video]

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Just saw the video on FB. and thought this must be the same VFR owner here, Nice, love that road. :) Perfect I'd say. What was your chase bike Ride?

6. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    The camera is on my buddies GSXR750. I'm not fast enough to keep up with the truly fast guys, but that's not all the VFR's fault. My sense of self preservation kicks in at their pace and I have to back off.

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Awe, fast is a personal feeling, I tend to like you play it smart and or safe. From what I've heard and seen, Mt. Palomar can by pretty sketchy, so I'd say you did quite well.