Bitter sweet day

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by commrad, Aug 8, 2014.

1. commrad

commrad New Member

Yesterday I sold my 500 Interceptor. It has been a faithful mount for several years and over 12k miles even though it wasn't without it's problems. After adding 2 CBR1100XXs to the stable it was just never ridden anymore. I thought about restoring it and my wife really wanted me to but on a cops budget it wasn't going to happen unless I sold my soul. I still have a first gen V4, my V45 Sabre with less than 11k miles. I'm not really so much down about the bike being gone, it was probably the worst Honda I have ever owned, I just hope the new owner takes care of her and treats her right. What I really regret about the sale is that I let the 4-1 exhaust, solo seat cowl and Fox shock go with her. I'd much rather that stuff went to one of y'all, who I know would have given it a proper home but I REALLY needed the room. Six bikes is my limit of space and now with the 500 gone I'm back at 6 again. I know Tink will be happy I got rid of it lol. 500 hater.

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Although they have their issues, what bike doesn't, the VF500 was the first Interceptor I fell in love with but never got to own. Maybe that was for the best, but a little part of me is sad that I never got to experience one in its hey day. Hopefully the new owner will sign on and we'll have another member on the forum. Having 3 bikes is probably just the right amount for me though, one commuter, one play/track bike (or soon to be on the track) and one collector bike. I can't imagine how you rotate through 6 bikes, but more power to ya!

Cheers

3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Horrible problem for the two of you to have ...6 bikes....3 bikes...
    Oh lordy be....what do I ride????
    Ya, jealous much?
    To bad ya couldnt replace the pipe and shock with stock and help out a brother here......hopefully the new owner will treat her right. It wasnt some pimple face kid was it?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

4. commrad

commrad New Member

It's tough to chose sometimes between bikes. I've taken to inviting a friend over a good bit to ride one. Nah, I wouldn't have sold it to a kid. I actually told a couple of guys looking for their first bike they needed to find something else. The guy that bought it looked to be in his early 50s, said he owned a bicycle shop but I'm not sure that I believe him. The main reason I got the 500 was because I lusted after one just like it when they were new but couldn't get one. I still may try and pick up a 750 or 1000 at some point.