Benefit Ride in NJ/PA on Sunday April 13th.

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by trav72, Mar 14, 2008.

1. trav72

trav72 New Member

My wife and I have been putting together a benefit for some friends of ours that have a very sick son. They have gone through all of their savings paying for various medical procedures that insurance will not cover. He still needs to have many procedures done to give him a fighting chance. If any of you have kids, you know that you would do whatever it took for your kids. But sometimes you need a little help.

So, along with the benefit I thought why not organize a ride to go along with it? The motorcycling community always seems to come in times of need. The benefit will be held Sunday April 13th at 3pm. The ride will start in the morning around 10am and conclude at 3pm at the benefit location. There will be raffles, prizes, 50/50 and musical entertainment.

I set up a website for information, tickets, donations and ride information. Please check it out and let me know if you are interested or would like to donate. I know a lot of you are not in the area and would not be able to attend the ride. But donations are accepted. Nothing is to big or small.

http://www.hopeformatthew.com/ride.html

2. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I am planning on attending. Obviously, my military duties may dictate otherwise. Will I be able to register the morning of or do I need to do it in advance?

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

3. trav72

trav72 New Member

Nope, you can register the morning of. That's no problem. But if you could please just send an email to hopeformatthew@comcast.net. Even if it's a tentative plan. I would just like to have an idea of how many people may be attending. Thanks!

4. trav72

trav72 New Member

I've had some questions from people no how they can donate even if they can't make the ride. You can click the following link Hopeformatthew.com/donation.html and follow the prompts into Paypal. You can still make a donation even if you do not have a Paypal account.

If you do plan on attending the ride, please put "Matt's Ride" in the special note section of the Paypal donation page. I will then be able to mark you down as registration/donation made. You can also send an email to hopeformattew@comcast.net with "Matt's Ride" in the subject line and pay the fee/donation the morning of the ride.

Also remember, the ride fee includes a ticket into the Benefit where there will be free food, 1 free drink(please don't drink and ride!), musical entertainment, raffles and door prizes!

All donations received will go straight to the Matthew Maloney fund!

5. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    Definately hit me up. I am the PRO for my club and will put the event out to the NYC/NJ club community. I am a little busy trying to organize an Autism Charity run and trying to get some sponsers, but will try and make your run.

6. bikemanusa

bikemanusa New Member

sounds like a very worthy benefit. i will try my hardest to make it as well.

7. two4one

two4one New Member

United States
    Map
    I know PaRedViffer and myself would surely try to come but we're leaving for Deal's Gap that day.

Best of luck with the event!

8. trav72

trav72 New Member

That's to bad you won't be able to make it. Just a reminder, donations are still excepted for those that can not make the ride! Enjoy the Gap! It's a lot of fun. But be careful and watch out for Johnny law!

9. trav72

trav72 New Member

Less than two weeks. Get your tickets now! I've been told a few of the Eagles will be riding and attending the benefit! So come on out for a great cause!