BBQ/Ride at Scubalong's House Jan 24th

Discussion in 'USA - West' started by derstuka, Jan 8, 2009.

1. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Hey folks,

I am posting this for the boss....Dr. Long. He was offering up his house for a BBQ on Jan 24th in the afternoon/evening after the ride. Just seeing who might be interested. Long lives in Oceanside, east of the 5 freeway, and south of highway 76.

Plan: Meet in the morning near I-15 freeway, and Pala Rd (76) on the west side in the Park 'N Ride (next to Mobil gas station) at 8:00am for an 8:30am start. NOTE: we are leaving at 8:30am, so be there before then otherwise you will miss us. Ride route will be pretty much what is shown below, with the exception of Mesa Grande being added in after Palomar. Down 76 (pala rd) east, up and over Palomar, over Mesa Grande, thru Julian, down Banner Grade and on thru the desert, over Yaqui Pass to Borrego Springs (rest stop at the gas station at the end of town....and if folks want to, grab some snacks/food) and then up Montezuma Grade back over to Palomar (if folks still want to, this time up the fast side, and down the tight side) and back to 76 west to the 15 freeway. After the ride, for BBQ attendees, we continue west on the 76 to the Doctor's house, and burn up some meat for a feast.

I am gonna donate $10 bucks or so, to the gracious doctor for throwing a feast for us, as I know food/drinks are not free!

For folks that do attend.........please PM me your full name, phone number, and an emergency contact name and phone number. I will not post this on the site. Emergency purposes only. If Shayne, or somebody else riding with us, has your emergency information, or you at least have a "ResQtag" type thing on your person where all of your emergency info is provided, that is cool as well.

This ride is weather permitting of course. We will probably have 2 or 3 smaller groups (depending on how many show)...a fast group, med group, and slower group.

Tentative list of who is coming so far. * indictates maybe.

Derstuka
    Scubalong
    Shaynej (and from VFRD)
    Nepix
    Fizz
    Chuckman49
    Reg71
    raymond
    speed
    jaimev34 (and his POPS on a duc)
    cebuVFR

Here is Shayne's non-VFRW roundup for the ride....not the BBQ.

BURNTHEEDGE.COM

PowerJunkie
    VFR4Lee
    Tyrmeltr
    Blade
    simple guy[/B]

:cheersaf:

I stole Shayne's map since he is better at creating these course maps than I. This is just to give an idea of the terrain to be covered, as we will be riding most if not all of this course.

<iframe width="600" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;saddr=CA-76%2FPala+Rd&amp;daddr=Nate+Harrison+Grade+Rd+to:E+Grade+Rd%2FS7+to:CA-78%2FCA-79%2FWashington+St+to:Borrego+Springs+Rd+to:33.220595,-116.60511&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FWqS_AEdgkQE-Q%3BFSm5_AEdBvEH-Q%3BFcrL-wEd_AEK-Q%3BFYS4-AEdzMQM-Q%3BFRhy-wEdZEIQ-Q%3B&amp;mra=mi&amp;mrcr=3&amp;mrsp=5&amp;sz=12&amp;via=2&amp;sll=33.205659,-116.582108&amp;sspn=0.137886,0.176125&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=33.353473,-116.795654&amp;spn=1.101209,1.408997&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJqSBT2QojSc4BPbdxEyDmtBAQlMyA"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;saddr=CA-76%2FPala+Rd&amp;daddr=Nate+Harrison+Grade+Rd+to:E+Grade+Rd%2FS7+to:CA-78%2FCA-79%2FWashington+St+to:Borrego+Springs+Rd+to:33.220595,-116.60511&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FWqS_AEdgkQE-Q%3BFSm5_AEdBvEH-Q%3BFcrL-wEd_AEK-Q%3BFYS4-AEdzMQM-Q%3BFRhy-wEdZEIQ-Q%3B&amp;mra=mi&amp;mrcr=3&amp;mrsp=5&amp;sz=12&amp;via=2&amp;sll=33.205659,-116.582108&amp;sspn=0.137886,0.176125&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=33.353473,-116.795654&amp;spn=1.101209,1.408997&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    Wish I wasn't 3000 miles away :pout:

3. Chuckman49

Chuckman49 New Member

Count me in! My parents live in Oceanside so I could stay at their house the night before and meet up with you guys in the morning. Sounds awesome. Keep me posted... :hungry:

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    If you start now

Hey Dav if you head out now..........You should be here on time for the ride ...hahahaha:ncb::smile:

5. shaynej

shaynej New Member

I'm in. Will start the recruitment process on the 'other' site...

Won't be going to Oceanside, but I'm a big fan of Palomar/Montezuma...

6. snowdemonrob

snowdemonrob New Member

I wish you guys wouldn't tease us guys up north under the snow. It hurts making us jealous and all. You guys have fun but think of us too will ya.

7. derstuka

Map
    Per Shayne's request....we will have nurses awaiting any mishaps, spongebath requests (sorry, already sold out) and to help out at the BBQ incase of any heart "palpations"....if Shayne ever let's them go that is! :bathbaby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Y2Kviffer

Y2Kviffer Insider

United States
    Map
    Nice Jason..... :cheersaf:

9. Chuckman49

Chuckman49 New Member

Nice,

Where the heck is the heart attack grill?? If those are going to be the nurses watching over us on our ride, I'm gonna have to fall on purpose! Damn, look at the size of those.....................................................
    burgers....................
    :laugh:

10. Scubalong

United States
    Good job there Jason........That guy look like Shayne too......

11. Scubalong

United States
    Who will bring the nurses? I will have to check them out first to make sure it not Drewl dress up as a girl.................hahaha LOL

12. Nepix

Nepix New Member

United States
    alright, im going to come out of hiding, if i cant make the ride ill definitely be there working on my baby for the bbq

13. derstuka

Map

YAHOO! We have stirred up a bloody hornet's nest now mate! :beehive:

Glad to have you back boss....I was about to send the doctor to give you a FULL body cavity checkup to see if you were ok. :shocked:

14. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    I still think you's better check Nepix's ID before you let him drink! :rolleyes: Those girls will have to be wet nurses for him! :pound:

15. Nepix

Nepix New Member

United States
    ive been alright just really busy guys. Today was the first day I rode my viffer in at least a month

16. Nepix

Nepix New Member

United States
    SS why dont you come down and check my ID?

17. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Map
    Don't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to make it. Though I'm sure the GF will ask why I don't 2up it. I guess I'll just say "If you value your life." :ncb:

:cheersaf:

18. shaynej

shaynej New Member

what guy? what burgers? I say we forget Palomar and the BBQ and head out to Arizona for the Heart Attack Grill...

19. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I might be able to make this one. I have been wanting to ride down there. If I come down are we going to TJ? I'll check with SLOVFR and see if he's up for a longish ride...

20. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    riding down...

well, I have a couple options. Terri says she wouldn't mind coming down but if she comes we ride down on sat then back on sun. we both work Mon. so that would mean no riding in the pack on sat. option B is for me to ride down solo on fri since im off then. then i get to ride with pack and then do the bbq thing then ride back sun. I still haven't talked to Brian yet either. And if I do come down, who has the best couch? And no one answered my question about TJ yet!

hey meeester, you want to buy some oranges?