Battlax 021

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by amurch1, Oct 29, 2007.

1. amurch1

amurch1 New Member

United States
    Map
    Who is using them, what do you think of them, what kind of milage are you getting?

2. grayflare

grayflare New Member

The rear tire is great, I like it very well. Wear is great so far with about 2800 miles on it. Now the bad news, for me anyway, is the front handles great but it is almost worn out. It also is wearing strangely, the sides are about gone and the center tread is flat. I am not an agressive rider, I ride to work and maybe once a week I ride the twisties (within my limits). I think I will try the Michelin PR2 next and see how they do.

3. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    The rear tire is a good tire. Grips very well in a lean and wears good. The front tire is crap. It grips good but, mine, at 3000 miles of mostly twisties is totally gone. I usually get two rears for one front on any other tire.

I'm finished with Bridgecraps.

4. nitronorth

nitronorth New Member

Love em, best tire I have had on the bike so far..I ride mostly in the mtns. I like to drive the snot outa my bike, thats why I have it, so the longer they last the better..the rears cost over $300 $ up here at my local dealer!!
    Very nice surprise with the mileage so far!
    For me the front is about same as the 020, and the dunlops I have had, no better tho. I have 7500 miles on front and about 2/3 gone. The rear has been great! also 7500 and not even 2/3 gone.Thats a big change on my bike. Previous rear tires usually toast by now...Driven same roads and speeds as the others, so has been a good comparison for me.
    really made a noticeable diff on the handling of my 00 model. Like most they are better than my abilities can use, and even then I dont seem to have much trouble keeping up with the MR Racers....:)
    Will get another set.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  5. John O'Leary

John O'Leary Guest

I had them on my last VFR and got 12000 out of the front and rear so go figure lol

6. Taz

Taz New Member

If you commute & a typical chicken strip rider there a good center tread all weather tyre.

:mad: there Crap if pushed, save you, & the bike, Don't use them :crutch: