Bad EBAY experience

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by stellenbrav, May 28, 2008.

1. stellenbrav

stellenbrav New Member

So I was wanting a blueant communicator and found a "GOOD DEAL" on ebay. It wasn't a deal too good to be true so it didn't appear to be a fraud. I ordered and paid for 3 (one for a friend). The first problem occurred when paypal sent 2 payments instead of only one due to a connection error. So now I have sent the seller a total of $711.55. Paypal says not their problem because paypal is "buyer initiated", contact the seller. Now the real bad news starts, the seller refuses to contact me or refund the duplicate payment. Numerous emails have went unanswered and a claim with paypal was denied. If you think they will protect you, think again. The only ray of hope I have is I used a credit card on the transaction and the company filed a duplicate payment claim and credited my account the $355 duplicate charge. Its been 2 weeks and no communicators or communication from the seller.
    The reason of this post is two-fold:
    First to let everyone know the communicators advertised by :yousuck:"COLDPLAY3434":yousuck: are not worth the hassle to save $20-$30. I would avoid all dealings with him period, the absolute worst experience I have ever had:bs:.
    Second, if you ever use paypal and during the transaction a connectivity issue arises, even before you hit confirm payment, don't attempt to pay until atleast a day later and you have confirmed the first didn't take. I never got a confirmation on the first payment and it didn't show up for several minutes, after the second payment was made. It was a definite glitch in the paypal system but they have done nothing to assist or correct the duplicate charge.
    If any of you guys from the New York area want to form a possee and go get this jerk, feel free.:mad:

2. pontiac_banshee

pontiac_banshee New Member

United States
    File a chargeback with your bank. The problem is that if the seller pulls his money and his accounts from PayPal your are going to take it :bootyshake2: so beware. Go to your states BBB and tell them the error was on PayPals part and also your states Consumer Protection. Then a call to the DA in the county where this guy lives and tell them you demand to fill out a police report for consumer fraud against this guy.

Lots of avenues but you have to get down and dirty. I took the state of Wis to task for an issue with ATV's and took me 2 years but got my money back for an ATV I bought that they told me was legal but wasnt. Got to keep the Honda Odessey and keep the cash to. SO there is HOPE

If all else fails get your light sabre and go pay a visit:vader:

3. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    Man, this is a bunch of:bs:for sure. You know, I'm always up for a ride. NY wouldn't be my first choice as a destination, but if it means we get to inflect some pain on a deadbeat:boxing2:, LETS RIDE!!!!
    This :asshat:(the seller):flip: :yousuck:doesn't know who he's foolin' with.
    Your Credit Card Company might be able to get all your $$$ back if you don't recieve the item soon.
    Keep us posted!!!

4. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I've pretty much given up on EBay. To me it's just not worth the hassle just to save 15% on an item.

Hey Eddie, are you sure you're not from NJ? :biggrin:

Whenever someone on VFRWorld has been wronged, you seem to be the first one willing to kick some ass on someone's behalf.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

5. CARMINE

CARMINE New Member

Italy
    Map
    Well, if it can be interesting for you....
    generally here in Italy (to avoid troubles/frauds) with paypal or e-bay sellers we prefer only to purchase goods with payment on delivery (they contact us when ready to consign) and only if the goods correspond to what we ordered.Yes, it's less practical, I know..but in this way no problems at all.
    It is not useful to provide....iron gates after the "robbery" ! Do you understand ?
    Lamps to all VFR Owners.

6. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, I'm almost on that same boat. Sometimes there are hard-to-find stuff that I can only find on ebay and even with those I always send a question to the seller before attempting a purchase just to make sure it's not a Fleabayer. You'd be surprised at how many sellers don't even respond to potential customers.

I've had better luck with craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums for finding good deals and hard-to-find items.

7. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    I guess where I was in the Army, I was trained to defend my friends and countrymen when they have been wronged. I do have a few contacts in NJ. Do you know Vinny or Big Joe?

8. eddie cap

eddie cap New Member

Hey Guys ; Definately,some good advice from many of you on this paypal thing.Kinda sounds like a case study from one of my old college law classes. But just wondering what the heck is a blueant communicator? eddie

9. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

stellenbrav
    Thought I would give this guy a look. HE HAS "49 NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. Wasn't this a clue? I think you have to take some responsibility on this one. If you send an email and you have a connection problem and you send it again and send it again the worst that can happen is you sent the email 3 times. If you stood in front of a vending machine and it eat your $5.00 bill with no product would you feed it again? I don't think so. And you paid over $300 twice on PayPal and lay the blame on them. Give me a break! Not a Happy transaction but if you lay down and say rape me you're gonna get raped. P.T. Barnum said it best. And there are more people out there today who will take advantge of you everday. Thanks for the warning about this guy and I sure don't take his side but we all need to be very cautious. Sorry for the criticism but I'm old.

10. stellenbrav

stellenbrav New Member

It's a bluetooth helmet communicator that allows conversation between rider and passenger and/or bike to bike wit another rider that has one.

I don't really appreciate you condecending tone, old or not. I purchased these at the first of the month, many of these negatives have came in after I purchased so when I looked at her (now found out its a she) feedback it wasn't nearly as negative as it shows now. Of the 49 negatives, about 30 has came after the purchase so negative feedback of 19 or so in 6 months from a seller who has sold thousands of items looked pretty safe. As far as the double payment, yes, I should have done a better job to assure the first one didn't go through, but I didn't get a payment confirmation and I thought since payment was through Paypal it could be refunded with no problem.
    My purpose was to let others here in the community know there is a crooked seller on ebay selling a product which may interest others here so they can avoid the hassles I have had. If you just want to slam me and make me feel worse than I do about this, I don't really need it.

11. vfr2k2

vfr2k2 New Member

Not intending to be condescending at all.
    I rechecked. 6 months 49. 1 month 19. Total sales for 6 months 1394. That' s 2 percent negative. Seems like a lot to me. Obviosly not to you. My analogies were simply to show consequences on different scales and how important consequences can be. I aprreciate your warning in your post and said so in my reply. I apologised ahead of time for my criticism. I certainly didn't intend to slam you and make you feel worse. Guess that's my fault. Reality sucks. Sometimes if we reflect and think of what we ouselves can do differently rather than lay the blame with those who seem screw us we might make better choices in the future.
    Like the guy who rolls through a stop sign, gets a ticket, then wonders why the a$$wipe cop gave him a ticket when everyone else is doing it. After all the guy should have stopped. And the cop he did his job. I have'nt heard too many say it was my fault and the cop was doing his job. People who take advantage of us have a job. They are usually good at it. And we pay the price. You asked Paypal to pay twice. They did. I don't honestly think they are at fault. That's my opinion. But you say they had a glitch in their system. 'Nuff said. I do wish you well in your attempt to recover your loses and the ebay seller gets her just rewards. Thanks again!!

12. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Thanks for the heads up stellenbrav! Always appreciate feedback on a crooked seller (or buyer) on fleabay. He/She should have refunded you the money for the duplicate transaction, or at least contacted you back right way asking about it.

Funny story, my buddy (who is an e-bay whore, over 1500 transactions) did not get a payment for something that he shipped/bought, or something like that. He tried contacting the guy like 5 times, waiting 5 days, then filed a dispute and gave him a negative feedback....well, coincidentally, about 1 hour after he did that, the buyer send him an e-mail saying he had been away from town and he should have contacted him first. Amazing coincidence!

Hope it all comes out ok for you! I have the seller on my blacklist! I am not too fond of fleabay either.

13. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I know Vinny's brother, Guido, if that helps.

14. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

Man, that just sucks all the way around. Fight it with your credit card company, I've had lots of luck that way.

My last E-Bay experience was quite a while ago, and it didn't go well. This guy was selling new Nano Ipods for a decent price. And, yes, he had nothing but positive feeback. I get the Ipod and, well, the case, the box, the directions all say Apple Ipod. So far, so good. The problem was the internals weren't an Ipod at all, they swapped in a $10 MP3 player, incredibly. He burned me and about 30 others. I'm done with Ebay, not worth the headache.

15. Rev

Rev New Member

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. As an ebay seller, I work hard to make sure things go smoothly in my auctions; unfortunately there are some who don't. It makes it harder for us honest sellers to do business.

Have you also filed a complaint with eBay?

16. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    What I find bothersome is that in these days of modern, leading-edge, state-of the-art communications, it can be almost impossible to get in touch with somebody when things go wrong. And when you do, nobody is sure what to do or how to do it.

Not that this has to do with all of the problems you are having, but it certainly does not make it any easier.

17. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

My "associates" are Vito & Sal. I'll see if they know Vinny & Big Joe.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

18. stellenbrav

stellenbrav New Member

I started this thread not to share my agony with you all but to let my fellow VFR riders know about a seller that was a waste of time and effort who was selling an item that may be considered for purchase by others on this site. It seems several here can relate so just to update everyone, I recovered the duplicate payment through my credit card company, filed a non-receipt claim with ebay/paypal to which the seller has yet to respond. She has about 3-4 more days to prove shipment or that money will also be refunded. So for now, I think we can have Vito, Sal and all the rest of the guys stand-down. Thanks all.

19. smitty

smitty New Member

Have you contacted eBay directly about this? Maybe they can help.

20. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Good Luck, Keep us posted

I hate Fleabay, They robed me thousands of dollars for my underwater photo equipments. No more fleabay for me.