Back to the fold...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ZenMoto, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ZenMoto

ZenMoto New Member

United States
    Map
    Well, I owned a '96 VFR which I sold in 2005 with 98,000 miles on the clock. She ran great still, but needed so much nickel and dime work that I broke down and succumbed to the idea of something new.

Here she is on one of our many adventures:
    [​IMG]

Well, I ended up buying a KTM 950 Adventure to replace her, seen here relaxing on the beach in Mexico:
    [​IMG]

Sadly, as awesome as the bit KTM is, it hurts my (bad from youthful injuries) lower back to ride for more than a couple hours at a shot.

To solve this problem, I'm flying from LA to NY next week to purchase:
    [​IMG]

...sorry, I can't resize that pic.

The plan is to leave NY on the 10th, and ride it to Chicago (via Niagara Falls), then back to LA via Mt. Rushmore and as northerly a route as the weather will allow.

I'm going to install heated grips when I arrive and it already has the tank RAM mount for my GPS (just have to change the cradle). I'm thinking of contacting a shop in SD and putting a set of tires on order to have ready for my arrival, even though the rear is new and the front not bad, I'm confident, if I try really hard, I can wear them out before crossing the either the Rockies or Tetons. :biggrin:

Anyway, since I'm getting back into the VFR world (and moving up a generation, to the last of the great VFRs IMHO) I thought I should get back into the VFR community as well.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you.

Cheers,
    Dale

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

Welcome back brother! KTM's make some great bikes, but there is definitely something about the comfort of riding a VFR.

I hope you have fun and SAFE trip bringing your new bike home!

3. ZenMoto

ZenMoto New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Shorty! :) ...I can't wait to get back on a VFR next week!!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009