back on the road

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by taylor65, Apr 13, 2014.

1. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Not long ago i sold my like new 5th gen so that i could get back into dirt bikes in a big way. I planned on racing and training for it etc.. well i just couldnt figure out where i was going to find all the time to do it. I have a 3 year old a family and a lot of other things i need to do. Maybe this fall i can find some more time for it.
    But in the meantime i was going crazy without a bike. At times i regretted selling my 5th gen but not anymore. I bought the 08 that had 775 miles and was loaded with options off the classified on here. Turned out he was only 80 miles away from me. I have only ridden the bike home but was able to take some of my regular back roads. The 6th gen to me is a much better bike. To me. Im not wanting any 5th vs. 6th gen crap here. But i love it. He has lower pegs and helibars on it which i dont like. But even with them on the 6th gen corners so much more precisely. The only thing i liked more on the 5th was the stock exhaust sound compared to the stock 6th exhaust note. So where i could live with the stock 5th exhaust idont think i can with the 6th. It is very quiet for sure and i do like a quieter exhaust but it just needs a little more character. I wont mess with it because would be great for long trips. So i will be looking for an aftermarket that is still sort of quiet but that will at least let the v-4 sound out.
    I didnt think i would care for the v-tec but i like it. It is sort of like riding a big 2 stroke when it comes on the pipe. I have yet to dive into the power commander 5 on it but it could be mapped for a smoother transition i dont know. Because its not bothersome at all.
    For all you die hard 5th gen guys im sorry. I use to feel the 5th gen was the best also. In certain ways it still is a awesome bike. But FOR ME now i love the 6th gen. So much more refined. And the first time i fell into a corner i could tell how much tighter and easier it corners. Im in love.

2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Ya just another poser..didnt happen...sooooooo where are pictures of said bike Taylor???? Had ta give ya alittle shit before everyone else chimped in
    Congrats and I to love my 6gen.. Try looking at the Leo Vince..I have them and not to expensive.....
    Dont know where ya live but my shop out here in LA can get them way cheaper then anyone.Enjoy

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

3. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm not replying to this thread until there is a picture. Oh wait, I just replied.