Anybody seen my stolen viffer? (UK London)

Discussion in 'Europe' started by eddyuk, May 1, 2012.

1. eddyuk

eddyuk New Member

Lo guys, I doubt any of you will have seen anything as the bikes been missing since October now but I just realised that of all places I hadn't posted anything here so...

Anybody seen a green VFR750 1997, reg is (or was) R787 UYA? Bike was stolen from leyton, London, UK and the police were useless as ever (gave up in a day).

Identifying traits:
    high mount laser exhaust with the laser badge peeling off for some reason (like that when I got it, never got around to fixing it and sounded WAY too good to replace)

clear "flipup" style touring screen (one piece)

REALLY recognisable damage/repairs. I came down in a patch of oil a few months before it was nicked and had been steadily teaching myself to repair fairing damage on it, pictures attached but there are lots of pale patches on the right hand side where there had only been a single coat of green paint over white filler material (temporarily was the intention I assure you). Also the paint is rough across the front wheel mudguard in a triangular stripe where all the paint was scraped off and I just patched it with one of those little brush pots for filling in scratches so I could do my daily commute as one colour.

odd patch on the fairing over the exhaust where the paint has melted when I put a throw over set off panniers on there and the high mount protested.

Lastly the left side fairing over the indicator was completely rebuilt from fibreglass and bodyfiller so doesn't quite match if you look closely.

I realise she was probably broken for parts or resprayed months ago now but I live in hope I may be reunited with my baby one day. Far too many memories with that bike to just forget about it and move on, she is worth far more to me than anybody else for that alone. So let me know if you see her or a bike looking like it might be her and there is a reward in it for anyone that provides info leading to recovery. (not that it will make a difference to you guys but anyway).

2011-07-02 12.09.19.jpg 2011-07-02 21.35.29.jpg 2011-07-02 21.35.13.jpg 2011-07-02 21.35.07.jpg 2011-07-02 21.34.42.jpg 2011-07-02 12.10.23.jpg 2011-07-02 12.10.03.jpg 2011-07-02 12.09.47.jpg 2011-07-02 12.09.42.jpg 2011-07-02 12.09.35.jpg 2011-07-02 12.09.25.jpg 2011-07-02 21.35.37.jpg

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Man that sucks, sorry and hope you get it back.

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Sorry about that. We had our truck stolen long ago and it's such a helpless feeling. I hope by some chance you get it back.

4. eddyuk

eddyuk New Member

6 months on, I still feel the helpless rage. I was in the house when they took it from the front garden too. 14 years of martial arts experience, I was less than 12 feet away but I never heard a thing. Oh but if I had....

5. eddyuk

eddyuk New Member

Worst of it was that I had literally got her mechanically perfect again from the crash about a week before it happened. Months of scrimping and saving for parts, hundreds of hours trying to iron out handling issues and rebuilding the fairings by hand (build it up, sand it down by hand. repeat for many, many evenings until I'm approaching something just right).... finally sort the last problem, shove a new chain, tyres and filters in. take her for one glorious last ride and boom, gone.
    I'm a student too. Wont be able to afford a replacement for at least another 6 months, never realised how much riding had gotten into my blood till I have to go a year without a bike. Bah!

6. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Ahh, that blows dude. Sorry, and best of luck to you.

7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Sounds similar to my situation. I just put on a new set of Rancho Suspension shocks, got her tuned up and a few days later she was gone. Having a vehicle stolen to me is a little different than having your TV stolen, you tend to get more attached to the vehicle, more so with a bike than with a car IMO. Good Luck! I really hope that she some how finds her way back to you.

8. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry for your lose Eddyuk. That really sucks . Been in your shoes, just bought a Yamaha FZR1000 in the early
    90's and three weeks later GONE-------- let us know if anything happens. Hope you had Insurance

9. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

+1 on the hope you had comp insurance...

Do you have videos on Youtube??? I SWEAR I have seen videos of that bike before...

10. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    ED - I am really sorry to hear about your stolen VFR. Its a really sickening feeling. Sadly its got so bad in London that whenever I have to park I anchor the bike with an Almax lock to a lampost or similar and even then I fear returning to find the bike gone.

It may be a long shot, but at the end of last year londonbikers.com reported that the City of London Police spotted a prolific bike thief lifting a bike and followed him to a garage where they found about a quarter million pounds worth of stolen bikes. I am pretty sure the guy went down for a very long time :) But because many of the bikes had already been stripped of all identifying items, (probably flogged on the web etc), the Police have to give any unclaimed ones back to him :(

Just in case your bike is amongst them, it may be worth giving them a call to see if your bike is one they can't identify.

Skimad

11. Petrusotto

Petrusotto New Member

Norway
    Map
    HI, dont give up. I was lucky with my bicycle. Stolen in the City of London, right in front of CCTV and our reception. Was a KLEIN bike. Got it back undamaged after 3 years. I had it posted with pictures on the Bikeradar forum and some guys spotted it and contacted me. I wish the same to you, good luck

cheers,
    Petrus

12. scubabiker

scubabiker New Member

I recently had my bike stolen, mine was in a trailer with all my belongings ready to move to norway, but someone else decided to take it. I really hope you get it back

13. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    Heres to hoping the theif dies a slow and horrible death, causing the rozzers to come and find your bike in perfect condition sitting is his garage, here's hoping.

14. experience780

experience780 New Member

Dude that sucks. I second metallica ^^