Any riders in the Memphis, TN area.....

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by Mav777, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mav777

Mav777 New Member

United States
    Map
    Just wondering if there are any VFR's in the Memphis area? I'm a novice, at best, to bikes, I've had my '05 for about 6 months now and logged right at 2,000 miles. I'm a fair mechanic and would like to do more of my own maintenance myself but I am hesistant to do much without someone looking over my shoulder, plus I just don't know who to trust to work on the bike, so any recommendations for this area would be appreciated. TIA- Mav

2. masonv45

masonv45 New Member

I'm in Arlington, TN and have worked on my own V4's for the past 10 years.

I've had an '83 V45 Magna for 8 years and a '85 VF700F I've had for 3 years (parting it out now).

I've rebuilt carbs, fork seals, jet kits, cooling systems, replaced head gaskets. Most everything except tearing down the engine.

Now your VFR is Fuel Injected, so I can't help you there, but most everything else works on the same principles.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail at mmsv45ATyahoo.com (@ changed for spammers)

3. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

I'm over here in Little Rock. I get my new VFR in 4 or 5 days, as soon as the stealer gets it in from the warehouse.

I've ridden most of my life, but have never owned a VFR. My last bike was a Shadow Sabre that I rode all over the country for the last 5 years.

4. Mav777

Mav777 New Member

United States
    Map
    I've been wanting to come over your way and ride though some of the mountains, although I may wait until it gets just a little warmer, which is very soon. Give me a yell when you get the bike and we will hit the trails!

5. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

I'll do that. I'll give you a personal tour of the best roads! :)

6. Carnage

Carnage New Member

I haven't been up that way in awhile. I live in Forrest city which is about 45 miles from Memphis for 12 years, besides the few years I was in Jonesboro going to school. Now I am about 550 miles away down in Texas. I would take a ride up to Heber Springs sometime. I bet that would be a great ride.

7. Mav777

Mav777 New Member

United States
    Map
    That would be a good ride, I'm itching to get around the Hot Springs area too, of course any ride is a good one once you are outside of Memphis.

8. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

Yes, it is. All the roads up that way are good!

If you come up from Texas, consider riding up into E. Oklahoma, and take the Talimena Skyway from Talihena OK to Mena Ark. Just make sure you gas up in Talihena. :)

9. Carnage

Carnage New Member

I have some friends that did the ride up to Mena last year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go. They said it was great. Maybe I will get to go with them next time.