Aftermarket LED turn signal mirrors

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by LannyL81, May 11, 2022.

1. LannyL81

LannyL81 New Member

United States
    Map
    Has anyone installed these mirrors on a 3rd or 4th Gen? These are the one with the amber LED lens on the backside of the mirror and also the arrow on the mirror face.
    I was thinking that these might add some visibility...safety ..???

These are just two wire ones, so no running light, just turn signal.

Comments...???

2. LannyL81

LannyL81 New Member

United States
    Map
    I went ahead and purchased a pair of these mirrors/turn signals. I wanted just black ones, but they were out of stock, so they sent me fake carbor fiber ones.
    I was skeptical as these have acrylic "glass" instead of glass mirrors. I was very surprised at the reflectivity of these; hard to tell they are not glass mirrors.

Anyways I will likely not get them installed until mid-June when the Summer temps are here to stay and just too hot to ride. I plan on taping into the turn signals at the connectors and putting two of the bullet style connectors under each of the black plastic covers on each side of the upper cowling; where I will be routing the wires.

I will post pictures of the install.

Later,

3. 102dalz

102dalz New Member

United States
    Map
    Any pics yet?
    Also, which make/model of mirror is this?

4. LannyL81

LannyL81 New Member

United States
    Map
    I happened to stop-by here this morning.....completely forgot about taking/posting pictures.
    It has been a year since I installed the mirrors. I will take some pictures later today and get them posted.
    The mirrors work fine. I did have to drill a small hole in the cowling to pass the wire through, under the mirror mount. I just pushed the wires into the turn signal connectors, then used a wire-tye to hold them in place, did not want to splice into the wiring just in case I did not like them.