95 vfr

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by landlover, Dec 20, 2006.

1. landlover

landlover New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi, I am hoping to buy my first bike a 95 vfr. Is the plastic still availiable for the bike? I know this is a hot subject but is a 95 vfr to much bike for a 35 year old new rider?

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Hi and welcome, good choice, even thou the 95 VFR is getting up there in years still IMO the best one of the lot. A very good Motorcycle, as far as a first bike? Hmm depending on your skill level as being mechanically incline, It's as good as a place to start as any other, less of course you drop it then thats probably why you asked the question you did. Answer to that question is Yes Plastic is still available but its getting harder to find and for some it's sorta pricey, so on that note you might want to borrow or purchase another bike to start off with to make sure you have the basics down pat. Again the 95 VFR is a nice way to go, just depends on how upset you'll be when you drop it maybe more than once too, just the law of averages says so. Are you ready for that? Other wise you can't go wrong.

3. chesthing

chesthing New Member

First bike? I'd spend $1,000 max on something older and crappier and take a summer to learn - you'll get your money back next spring I promise. After that buy something nicer - I prefer fuel injection way over carbs especially since I live at 6,000 ft and occassionally ride upwards of 9,000 ft. FI being my #1 priority for this type of bike my list was very short - I think it's impossible to go wrong with a 5th generation VFR.

4. rickh

rickh New Member

I just bought a 96' after being out of the street bike scene for almost 15 years. I'm very happy with it! As for power and ease of riding, it is a great bike. It has a good response in low to mid RPM range and can pull you out of your seat in the higher RPM's. I've ridden a 929 before and it was too much bike for me. I think you'll be happy as long as you don't spend too much on the bike.

Good luck!
    Rick

5. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    Older and crappier? Boy I've had a few of those!:biggrin: