8th gen exhaust

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by codyc123, Nov 4, 2015.

1. codyc123

codyc123 New Member

Had an idea, wanted to get thoughts on it. As we know the 5th and 8th gen exhausts are interchangeable. Has anyone tried the stock 8th gen exhaust on a 5th? I would think with the cats in the 8th honda would be able to use a led restrictive muffler.

Could make for a nice cheap slight upgrade that would still pass inspection no problem.

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Ya know I've been pondering that idea with the one they have here at the local dealership, it's the one a took for a spin last year. Crazy they still have it. I still give them a bad time about it too. I'm surprised that Staintune didn't go with the 5th gen design, there's room, but it is tight. could be the optional luggage that gets in the way so they've all stayed low. Still though food for thought. can't help think they'd be a hit.

3. codyc123

codyc123 New Member

Anyone on here have both or possibly a 8th gen stock exhaust they no longer need?

4. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    You can use a 5th gen exhaust on an 8th gen and vice versus. From what I've read, even the passenger peg bolt lines up with the 5th gen exhausts. I think someone on VFRD even mounted an OEM 5th gen can to an 8th to illustrate this.

5. codyc123

codyc123 New Member

^^yea I saw that, I'm curious to see how the factory 8th gen exhaust would look and sound on a 5th gen. It looks quite a bit shorter and I would imagine lighter.

6. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    oh... I had never considered that. I know the 8th gen exhaust is still pretty damned heavy compared to any aftermarket can. It would still sound pretty muted on a 5th gen too. Personally I do not like the 8th gen exhaust, but it is a little better looking than the OEM 5th gen can.

7. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

United Kingdom
  8. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

United Kingdom
    You've responded to a message from over 2 years ago. Sorry, it's my fault for resurrecting this old thread..