87 vfr700 part out

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by jahlov420, Oct 6, 2010.

1. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    its a sad day. i'm going to part out my 1987 vfr. its really make me sad to tear this piece of honda history up but due to unfortunate circumstances i need to salvage some money out of my bike. i side swiped a car on a really hard turn in the mountains. lucky i'm totally fine and i only have a mildly sore lower back. i'm post some pics tomorrow of what the aftermath of the bike looks like. the front forks and front rim are bent to hell, sub frame bent, crank case cover (right side is cracked), headlight busted, tail selection destroyed,both levers gone, left mirror destroyed, both engine cover fairing damaged but could be fixed, head cowl seems only scratched.

anyways, i have some good parts on there if anyone is interested. i thought i would post on here and let follow vfr buddies in need of some rare post get the 1st crack at it b4 i start putting stuff on ebay.

i have a 4-2-1 kerker exhaust system which took some rash and a small dent where the mounting blot to the rear peg connects, gas tank still looks good. has a indention on the top which has always been there. carbs were cleaned 10,000 miles ago and ran great, gauge cluster, front and rear brake calipers. front has ebc HH pads where are basically new a month old. rear rim and tire (pirelli sport demon 140/70-18) used only 1,000 miles, front 120/80-16 pirelli sport demon used 1,000 miles as well. regulator works normal. i'm sure there is alot more. i'll have to start taking it apart and see. if someone wants something specific let me know.

a ton of stuff still works.

i'll get on tomorrow and post some pics of what the fairing and the bike looks like so people can decide if they'll be interested in what i have left. i thought about fixing it but it looks like i'm gonna need over 800 bucks (low balling) to get it ride-able again and that is without touching and fairing work. i would fix it but i got a feeling it will still could have deeper problems then i could image. i'll plan on getting a newer bike this February or march anyway which i'm gonna be a hell of alot more cautious of blind turns which i should've been in the 1st place

As for how i crashed i'm sure people want to know. i was taking a really hard right turn down a 20foot drop and there was something wet in the road. either oil or ice ( it was below 40° that morning in the mountains) and and just clipped the side of this ford escape and thats all she wrote. thank god i didn't have anything wrong with me but a sore back and ankle which is nearly gone now. an motorcycle accident you can walk away from is a great accident.

p.s. please spare the "your a dumbass" comments, i know i am a lucky dumbass =]

2. blackhonda

blackhonda New Member

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear your o.k. Seems like I been seeing alot of bike fatalities this summer in MD.(actually witnessed 1) I've got an 88 750 so I may be interested in some parts. Will let you know after you post pics.

3. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
  4. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!! I get to say that .I put my 86 into the dirt saturday.I faired a little bit better than you did my damage is cosmetic.....
    TAke care and I may be giving you a PM about some parts.....

5. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    ugh...i went out there and was heartbroken to chop it up...i'm soooooooooooooooo torn on what to do. if i just got a new rim, forks, universal streetfigher headlight, crank case cover, levers, and maybe straighten up the subframe i could ride it again. ugh...what to do.

i got a feeling i may sell the fairings and see what kind of money i could come up with. i'm so indecisive.

can the subframe even be straighten? i seen some onine but its like 150 bucks

6. slowbird

slowbird Member

Canada
    Map
    I can't really suggest what to do. But with a beating like that you have to think of possible damage to the frame. (Cracked, bent?)

On the note of your possible parting....

Is the Kerker the entire Exhaust (including the headers) or is it a single piece that grabs the 4 pipes and brings it into 1?

7. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    the wife said to get rid of the bike so i can put the money towards a new bike...so it looks like i'll be selling everything on it....i'll keep posting as i move along but i'm gonna start right now

she is gonna fight me till i cave in so i might as well park my motorcycle habits for this winter.

8. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
  9. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    its 4 headers that connect to 2 then both join near the exhaust to 1 pipe.

10. Dukiedook

Dukiedook New Member

Map
    Center stand? Good carbs?

11. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    no center stand and carbs are good. cleaned a year ago and put 10,000 miles them. last ran on 10/2.

12. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    so far i have taken off and for sale:

gauge cluster 54000miles
    inner panels
    front wheel fender
    seat cowl cover
    inner panel fairing (right and left)
    engine cover fairings (right and left) rashed and cracked
    headlight cowl fairing
    universal fuel pump w/ filter 3-5psi worked great
    gas tank (small dent on top)
    fuel pump relay
    regulator/rectifier
    seat (split) gorilla taped it
    rear brake light housing
    foot brackets

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/jahlov420/parts 1/

13. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    anybody need something my ebay Member id jreforzo i've starting posting stuff

14. sjhsailor2

sjhsailor2 New Member

R/R and igniter interest here

I need R/r and igniter, coils, rearshock..

15. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    i pm'ed you. i have all of it.

16. mrvfr

mrvfr Banned

I might be interested in the rear axel. perhaps the entire wheel and whatever axel part hooks the swingarm to the frame.

17. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    i could do that...i have a pirelli sport demon 140/70-18 on there. i only rode 1000 +/- miles on it...you wouldn't be disappointed.

18. mrvfr

mrvfr Banned

actually i didnt think about putting them on my vfr. do you know if the tires and or wheels will fit my gen4?

either way i want the parts, but if they will fit my gen4 ill buy the front tire aswell

19. jahlov420

jahlov420 New Member

Map
    i don't think so....i think gen 4 is a 17 inch rim. my front is a 120/70-16. the front rim is toast though

20. mrvfr

mrvfr Banned

Ill take the rear wheel and tire, axle and whatever parts hold it into the swing arm as well as whatever parts hold the front of the swing arm to the bike.

pm me for price and everything else.

thanks