'86 VFR750F decals

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by PDXmotoVFR, Jan 23, 2013.

1. PDXmotoVFR

PDXmotoVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    H E L P ! Have done my intro post - now to the nitty gritty. '86 VFR750F has cracked up plastic. Am handling the repair OK (highly recommend "How to Repair Plastic Bodywork" by Kurt Lammon & PlastiFix to repro small missing bits) but A L L the decals are trashed. Nuttin on ebay or Amazon. I find some of the decals @ extremedecals & have emailed bike-stickers in UK. Bike Bandit won't show images for "1986 Honda VFR750 mark set" search (9 items & thx to whoever gave us the tip about "marks"). A month or so ago I did find a set for $450!!!!! but have suppressed the memory of where. No can do, Lou.
    I've searched this site and the UK's VFR Club. Was overwhelmed by # of threads to follow. No Joy yet. I would be over-the-moon appreciative to anyone who can point me to an AFFORDABLE set of decals for my new to me red/white/blue viffer baby. TIA, PDXmotoVFR.

2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I think I have a link on my other lap top........will try to remember to fire it up and look.

3. BRad704

BRad704 New Member

4. PDXmotoVFR

PDXmotoVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Thx TOE CUTTER. Would appreciate the link.

Yep BRad704, the blue on tank top & cowl, red on fender & most of white are paint. There's a lot of decal - I know from experience. Was using hair drier to heat decal & then peeling. That leaves a STUBBORN adhesive goo which, by experimenting, I removed by balling the stuff up with talc powder. Digging further into VFRW archives I saw someone suggest WD40. Must try.
    Wow. Just realized u included a link. kz900.com - whoduhthunkit? Comes to $290 + $? shipping. Much better than my 1st try. Curious why red tank stripe doesn't include Honda logo w/ yellow "wing". Must be separate - haven't gotten to tank yet. Thx much.

5. jcarpfishman

jcarpfishman New Member

United States
    Map
    The "Honda Complex Wings 3 Colour" are not a 100% match, but pretty close. I'm pretty certain that when I did mine, the PO purchased decals from this site (although they don't have the same kit listed anymore for some reason). The wing color is gold on these, as opposed to the yellow color they were originally.

High Quality Decals for Honda Wings Decals and Stickers 175

When I get home, I will look through my file to see if the PO wrote down the website where he ordered the decals from to make certain it was this one, even though they don't have the kit listed. The kit on kz900.com looks almost identical to what I had, with the addition of the 'gold wings + Honda' as well.