6th gen vs 8th gen toolkits and some free 6th gen tools

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by signal, Apr 10, 2020.

1. signal

signal Definitely Not New Member

United States
    My bike which I bought used, did not come with the toolkit. I think the owner turned it into the dealer but I think it disappeared.

Looking at the parts diagrams of 8th gen vs 6th gen toolkits there are quite a bit of difference and yet many things in common too. One thing that is clear, the 8th gen is a much more scaled-down version of the toolkit.

6th gen toolkit:
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2003/vfr800-ac-interceptor/tools

8th gen toolkit:
    https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2015/vfr800f-2ac-interceptor-deluxe/tools

A few pics below:

Pic #1
    All the new goodies I bought on the left

Pic #2
    The complete VFR800F toolkit, a combination of tools I bought and ones I cannibalized off my 6th gen

Pic #3
    Tools that are part of the 6th gen toolkit, which are not part of the 8th gen toolkit, but which I thought were useful, so I have added these into my 8th gen kit..........I built a sort of super toolkit.

Pic #4
    These are the tools I don't need from my 6th gen. These are FREE to someone who can use them, ideally someone with a 6th gen, I'll post in Classifieds. You can see the handle, grip and Philips and flat screwdrivers are there.........the 8th gen uses a newer handle, with a flat/Phillips bit that is two-sided instead of two separate drivers. The small wrench up top I have no idea what that is looks like a 1/4 or 5/16 or so wrench (obviously it's metric though) and was with my 6th gen when I bought it. The spanner is the rear shock spanner which is not compatible with the 8th gen.

Pic #5
    Everything all tidied away, fits into the toolbag, albeit a bit tight, but I have a bunch of additional useful tools!

Attached Files:

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Is the spanner not for the base model, which doesn’t have remote adjuster.

3. signal

signal Definitely Not New Member

United States
    The 6gen had two spanners, one for the Swingarm and one for the rear shock. These spanners were for both the ABS and non-ABS models.

The 8th gen has various spanners, but the ones for shock/fork adjustment may not be on the non-Deluxe.