2014 VFR800 Exhaust Akrapovic Slip-On VS the Two Brothers S1R

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by SkullOfDeath, Aug 25, 2016.

1. SkullOfDeath

SkullOfDeath New Member

Map
    So I have been doing a bit of research but I wanna get everyone else's opinion on this. I'm considering either the Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust or the Two Brothers S1R Slip-On Exhaust for my 2014 VFR800. Which does everyone else prefer and why? I'm looking for mostly performance and then sound. From what I have seen it looks like the Two brothers is slightly better. So what does everyone else think and/or is there a 3rd option I should look into and may have missed.

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I love my akrapovic. Not fussed by the sound but it only cost £150 and weighs a lot less than standard.

3. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Might want to look/listen to Delkevic as well - several members here have one of their models and they are excellent bang for buck IMO. Here's a vid of mine (more on my yt channel). It really transforms the riding experience - I now feel like I've got the baddest bike on the street when I'm riding (even though clearly I don't - lol). It also shaved slightly over 7 lbs from the bike and according to the dyno on Delk's website adds 2.96 hp which is pretty nice.

[video=youtube;NMTfn26SWEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMTfn26SWEM[/video]

4. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    +1 for Akrapovic ... sounds and goes better for it