Bike for Sale 2000 Honda VFR800fi /Bath,MI : SOLD

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ws6transam, Jun 27, 2022.

1. ws6transam

ws6transam New Member

United States
    Map
    SOLD

Ultra-reliable VFR800FI Interceptor with new tires, fresh chain, good pads on brakes. replaced clutch pack & springs. Voltage regulator is, as far as I can tell, original. But it's been reliable for 22 years so... eh. Don't see any reason to replace it if it's not broke! Comes with a seat cowl that has been modified to fit around the passenger grab bars.

$3600
    Repainted in 2017.
    56,000 miles.
    Near East Lansing, Michigan.
    Lots of hi-res pictures posted to my gallery for you to browse.
    Phone: area code 248 7161664
    [From my facebook ad:]
    This bike is like a swiss watch in that it always starts and shifts butter smooth. It's got the super-rare Corbin Beetle bags that are like unobtanium to VFR owners.

It has a zero gravity windscreen, custom foot pegs lowered one inch, and Helibars that raise the handlebars up and rearward two inches. Together, these three options turn this VFR into a perfect sport-touring machine that weighs less than 500 pounds.

This is a V4 fuel-injected motorcycle , so no worries about carbs in need of cleaning. The 5th-gen VFR was the last of the gear-driven cams so it still has that straight-cut gear whine sound unique to the VFR-series. It's also the bike that inherited the Honda RC30 single-sided swing arm, and rear tire removal is a breeze, with four automotive style lug nuts.

No problems with this bike, and it will last you for years to come.

--- (The above was taken from my Facebook marketplace ad) --

History:
    I've ridden this bike daily to Michigan State University, from March through December for the last nine years.
    I've had one crash, in 2017: Early March on a 30 degree morning, on a hill when some lady panic braked at the railroad tracks. I grabbed the brakes, locked the front tire, instantly tipped over and slid down the cold asphalt and under the back of her car. The gates closed behind us and trapped us against the tracks and she got a close-up view of the freight train when a minute later it finally whizzed by, inches from her front end. She got a citation for 'impeding the flow of traffic.' I got $1800 worth of repairs as I had to replace the fairings that busted when I hit the deck. The bike was then outfitted with used OEM fairing pieces that were professionally painted at a body shop, along with the back-end and the beetle bags in order to paint match it. Replacement graphics were purchased out of Romania, or something. The color is as good a match as I could make to the original but it's a slight shade darker than original; (or else the original was faded?) The tank had been painted just months before, because of vandals.

There was no mechanical damage, other than a busted plastic radiator catch can, and the left footpeg bracket.

But anyway, she's a wonderful driver. There are two small dents on the tank from my kids doing something they wouldn't admit to. Tires are from 2020, and only have about three or four hundred miles on them. The miles aren't piling up as much as they used to because I've been working from my home office these past two years.
    There are about two dozen additional 3000-pixel photographs that I uploaded to the gallery. If you want even bigger, I can send you the 6000 pixel versions...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022