1998 Vfr Streetfighter build

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by xtremeevan, Mar 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. xtremeevan

xtremeevan New Member

United States
    Map
    Hello, Just got a 1998 vfr800 last month and decided to make a streetfighter out of it. This is where the build is at currently.
    e47a2ba5-8e1a-41c7-8a9c-14837c462ee0.jpg Just wanted to post and share what I have done so far. Currently, the bike's tank is almost done just needs some more sanding and buffing. once the seat is done I will throw up some more pictures but for now, I will just add some before pics along with what she looks like as of right now.
    IMG_1330.jpeg IMG_1326.jpeg
    The bike was dropped on both sides and had some large dents in the tank. Let me know what you guys think.

some quick update photos as of 5/4/21, got the rear end done wire shortening wise, with a tiny battery tucked inside along with the wires. My dad was able to make the taillight work now I just have to add a license plate light. the headlight was leftover from one of my dad's late 60's triumph builds, which bike exactly I'm not sure. Thankfully it's able to hide most of the wires this bike has sitting at the front end and once it's fully carboned it should fit quite well with the bike. The rear ends shell is 2 layers of carbon and the blue tape shows where the seat will go.
    IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2260.JPG
    IMG_2261.JPG

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    J1551198800, Sp00ks and pi-on like this.
  2. Sp00ks

Sp00ks New Member

United States
    Map
    Curious to see what you do with it.

xtremeevan likes this.
  3. xtremeevan

xtremeevan New Member

United States
    Map
    IMG_1879.JPG
    Finally got the fuel cap installed along with the bottom 2 holes drilled.

J1551198800 likes this.
  4. motd

motd New Member

United States
    Looking forward to this. The radiators look much better black. I don't know why I did not think of that before. I went ahead and got Chinese fairings for my wrecked vfr800 I bought. Maybe had I saw how this was going, I may have saved the cash. Tough to find out there, but I am sure that it is possible to get a viffer to look good this route.

One thing though, I am currently in AZ and the bike just likes to run (I think) very warm. I like to keep an eye on the temp, and to go streetfighter I would want to get rid of the dash entirely. Having seen how the temps run, perhaps I am now just neurotic about it.

Keep at 'er

xtremeevan likes this.
  5. J1551198800

J1551198800 New Member

United States
    Is that a carbon look vinyl wrap ? Looks good.

6. xtremeevan

xtremeevan New Member

United States
    Map
    that's small weave carbon, covered all the bondo very well. Screenshot 2021-05-04 081716.png IMG_1782.jpeg

Sp00ks likes this.