1998 vfr 800 for sale to good home

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by taylor65, Nov 28, 2013.

1. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    I am selling my 98 it has 40k on it but runs and looks new. I will eventually put this in the classified section and if it wont sell there i guess i will have to list it to the general public. My intention is to sell to someone with as much love for the vfr as i have given it.I realize it is just a machine etc.. but i am the second owner and i have taken as good of care for it if not better than the po. So i hate to see some young squid get it and ruin it. I willbe very flexible on the price especially if you are having to travel to get it. Im not going to give it away but i would rather find tthe right buyer. I can give out more info to potential buyers and send pictures via e mail. God bless

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Good for you to offer to the VFRW and I hope she will find a good home. GLWS
    So what is your plan...? New ride in the garage :potstir:

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Seriously? no :photo:
    :worthless:

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    what about old squids? Any love for old squids?

5. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Old wise squids are okay. Just not young, dumb and full of ... squids.
    And yes i would really like to sell it on here for someone else to enjoy and take care of.
    I have tried to post pictures on here many times and have read the how to threads but if i remember it tells me it is to big or ? Like i said i can e-mail pictures. Or if one of you computer savvy peoplewant to post it for me i can send it to them. I am definitely not computer savvy. It is a success if i e-mail a picture. Thanks again. Also happy turkey day to all

6. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Message sent scuba

7. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

Boy, wish I had a little cash sitting around right now. I've been planning on picking a 5th gen up in the spring anyway.

8. Scubalong

United States
    Taylor's Bike
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Scubalong

United States
    Pictures added for your pleasure :wink:
    She is clean and prutty :love:

10. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Thanks scuba. Thats what i love about this site everyone is so helpful thanks again

11. Scubalong

United States
    Glad I can help :wink:
    Someone need to take this pretty girl home....she deserve to be some where warm that she can perform full time :eagerness::eagerness::peach:

12. vfrcapn

vfrcapn Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, did you mean 4K on the bike? Very clean looking, wish I was closer. Good luck, looks like it's been taken very good care of.

13. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    No it has 40 thousand miles on the bike. Valve adjustments have been done on time and were well within specs. But anal me put them right in the middle just to be nice to her.
    As far as reason to sell scuba. A lot has happen lately in my family which i will post later. But for now i will just say im ready to go back to playing in the dirt and mud. Maybe even do some racing. Thanks again all and god bless

14. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    I decided to just wait awhile beffore i listed it on craigslist and i wish i had never listed it there. What with the scammers trying to steal it and the crazy trade offers along with insulting offers without even coming to see it in person. I took it off within a week. So im going to try on here again. I realize most people on here will more than likely have to travel to even see it or do a whole lot of trusting to travel far to pick it up so i will offer it on here for 2200 bucks cash only please. I know that is really low but im either going to sell it on here or trade it in on a dirtbike. I dont see a dealer giving me much more than that so why not try to help someone here on this great site. So 2200 buys you a beautiful 98 vfr. Its going to need a new rear tire soon and maybe a battery as it has been sitting a while but other than that she is ready to go. I cant see how anyone could lose at that price. I live in florence al. Thanks and

15. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, that is a steal for a bike that clean. I'm sorely tempted to buy it myself but my wife would most likely kill me since I just bought a BMW and rode it over 2000 miles to get it here a few months ago.

Man o man.

Long,

Didn't we have someone that joined recently saying they have been looking for a VFR for quite a while?
    They sure couldn't lose on this deal.

16. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Thanks reg. It is still just as clean. It has a few little scatches here and there on the plastics but the tank is perfect and the few little scatches would have to be looked for as they are very minor. The mainntenance has been taken care of just as well. I have the factory service manual original owners manual and even the complete tool kit. Someone will be getting a very nice deal at 2200. C'mon reg she will forgive you

17. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    What a great deal. It looks fantastic and I am tempted but. . .but. . .it's red!

18. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    That she is!
    Very fine example so a free bump for you and your lady....GLWS

19. Scubalong

United States
    Damn this bike still here......There is a member looking for a 5th gen few days ago
    Free bulb for Taylor :thumb:

20. taylor65

taylor65 New Member

Map
    Thanks all. The reason for selling is my mom passed away a couple months ago from a quick fight with lung cancer. Anyway she had always supported my motorcycles but she did prefer i stayed in the dirt. She wouldnt come right out and say it but the little comments always let me know. I will buy another streetbike for sure but i am about to get into the dirt bikes and start racing some hare scrambles and enduros. So i know that the vfr is going to be sitting for some time. I would rather see it go to someone who is going to enjoy it rather than sit in my garage under a cover.
    I was very close to my mom and had a hard time writing why i was really selling it. I kinda feel as though i will be honoring my mom by getting back into the dirt bikes as she use to let me stuff my little 80cc dirt bikes into the back seat of her car to take me racing. She was a great mom. I sure do miss her and wish i had started racing while she was still here to come watch me. Hopefully she will still be able to watch.
    So im asking 2200 but will negotiate especially if someone is having to travel to get it. Thanks and god bless you all this is a great forum.