1998 5gen fuel filter

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by brucethebarstard, Jun 24, 2020.

1. brucethebarstard

brucethebarstard New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi,I need a new fuel filter for my bike,the original one does not seem to be available,have found one that might replace it,Quantum hfP-f112-ps,can anyone tell me about these ,the company says they are a replacement .Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Paul Myers

Paul Myers New Member

Canada
    Map
    The OEM should still be available for the 5th gen? I just bought one for mine about a month ago.

This is the part # for the 2001
    16900-MBG-013 FILTER, FUEL

From the parts diagram it looks like they may have made a change from earlier models at some point. In the diagram it shows the hose from the filter making a hairpin turn to connect to the pump but the filter for the 2001 actually has the metal tubing make that turn before connecting to the hose. Maybe there was an earlier version of the filter that is no longer available?

No experience with aftermarket.

(edited to make sure pump and filter references were right way round, dooh!!)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    dhinson66 likes this.
  3. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    The new one with the bent tube fits, prevents bent/kinked rubber hose (which really isn't a problem)... just replaced mine, works just fine, just trim the hose off some.