1991 VFR750 Fork Tubes

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Hingley, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Hingley

Hingley New Member

Canada
    I am in the process of going over a 91 VFR750 before I put it on the road and have just found that the bike must have been in some kind of spill as the fork tubes have a slight bend in them as well as a slight crease where the lower triple clamps are. In my area it is proving very difficult to found a machine shop that can or are able to straighten the tubes
    Does anyone know what years of VFR750 fork tubes or complete forks will work. I assume the only years of VFR's that would have the same part number is 1990 to 1993

2. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    Your bike has 41 mm diameter forks, same as the 4th gen. That means that they'll fit but may not be the correct length. I'm sure research will say that a complete gen. 4 front end will fit. That doesn't help your problem as you only need fork tubes.

Just looked at www.mrcycles.com which I use for Honda microfiche. The fork tubes for 3rd gen. still available, but not for 4th gen. Different part numbers. At over $200 per tube new, ebay is your friend.

Personally I'm thinking of buying a complete bike for spare parts for my 4th gen. and also using it as a track bike. That would solve the parts issue for me.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017