1990 - 1993 VFR750 Fairing NOW Available!!!

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by KnuckleDragger79, Oct 10, 2008.

1. KnuckleDragger79

KnuckleDragger79 New Member

FYI -

I just got off the telephone w/ Airtech-Streamlining (ATS) (www.airtech-streamlining.com).....They NOW offer fairings for Third Generation 1990 - 1993 VFR750!!!! They are just finishing the moldings, but I already ordered mine!!!! Three weeks out because they are just finishing....According to ATS, the fairings offered for the Third Gen will be the "competition" style upper & lower fairings...Lower will have side & belly attached, with seperate upper. They also have the rear solo seat plastic/cowl for these years, which they are now currently selling.

I initially called to see how hard it would be to fit the Fourth Generation fairing onto the Third Gen bike, BUT they informed me they are NOW offering Third Gen plastic!!!! SWEET!!!!!

Just wanted to let all of my Third Gen fam know!!!!

See ya!

2. KnuckleDragger79

OOPS!!!! Forget to mention, photos of this fairing are not yet on the web site because it is still relatively NEW...like I said, ATS said my fairings would be approx 3weeks out before I had them in hand....CALL ATS w/ questions....same price as the 4th Gen comp fairing....$417 for lower and $217 for upper

see ya!!

3. Lon

Lon New Member

Wow -- that's awesome. Given that I crashed a couple of weeks ago, this might be an economical way to replace the two broken bits.

4. Lon

Lon New Member

You need to take pictures after you mount it. I had a mishap, and $417 for the entire lower set sounds like the best bet ever. The only downside is that I have to paint it...

5. dale-j

dale-j New Member

AAArghh. Why didn't my crystal ball tell me about this until *after* I streetfightered my 93 and then sold it for lack of decent wind protection? This will be great news to the Gear Driven faithful trying to keep their classics on the road.

Even just the uppers would look good, I saw one of their RC36 uppers mounted on its own to a Hawk 650 and the edges were well finished enough that it could stand on its own.

6. Lon

Lon New Member

Dale,

I also considered doing a SF conversion. This is not because it's too expensive to fix (one cracked panel, one rashed one), actually. It has everything to do with the fact that I'm having trouble finding a reason to keep the VFR. The BMW does the VFR +1 in almost every way, though the new Hyper Pro rear shock on the VFR (put on the day before I rashed it up) is pretty darn sweet.

Anyway, as a naked bike, it wouldn't be redundant anymore.

LSL kit, custom gauge mounts, new headlight, turn signal stalks... The thing might even not try to melt me on warm days.

OTOH, I could just replace the plastic with this new spiff fairing set, sell the BMW, put in the new steering head bearings and go home happy...

-- Lon

7. dale-j

dale-j New Member

Hi, Lon. The VFR has a sweet frame to show off, but there is quite a lot of work in rerouting and hiding wiring, coils, hoses etc that was never intended to be exposed. The other problem I had was related to my factory gauges being damaged, that being that no aftermarket tachometers know how to deal with the VFR's irregular firing pulses and won't read accurately. If you kept the stock gauges with a flyscreen mounted to the support like on a Speed Triple (lights, too...) it would probably work really well.

Just be prepared for the head-scratching that comes from trying to figure ways to tidy it all up...

S

8. betarace

betarace New Member

Official Link

here you go (click below)

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/hondaz/VFR7501990-93.htm

9. Overunder1

Overunder1 New Member

Knuckle, did the new fairing arrive yet? Would you post pics when it does?
    -Lee

10. dcompson

dcompson New Member

I too am interested in pictures of the new faring whenever you get it.

11. KnuckleDragger79

Not yet....I ordered it on the 10th of October...and they said 3-4wks out....probably give them one more week and then call to follow-up....I certainly will post photos of the fairings when they arrive...Although I'm excited, I'll admit I am a little concerned about the mounting procedures for this aftermarket “competition” replacement fairing…probably just because I have not done much fabrication…Don’t get me wrong, I am TOTALLY up for giving it a try and doing it, just a little skittish…..any words of advice??

12. dcompson

dcompson New Member

Measure twice cut once. If i have to go that route ill take extra time to mark the mounting holes. Ill REALLY compare the stock pieces to the "competition" pieces. If you take your time it shouldnt be hard.

13. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

They will mount at all stock locations if they are like other ASL comp fairings. You just won't have the split lines to deal with.

I've run ASL on Suzuki's, Ducatis and old comp bikes.

14. thorrinn123

thorrinn123 New Member

will they be doing a stock rear section ?

15. Lon

Lon New Member

I ended up just getting the parts from Ron Ayers. I don't have the patience to do a hack-job (I don't have much crafting skills - so anything I do would be a hack-job :) ). The OE fairings are a little less than triple the price for the front section. Yeowch.

Fortunately, I only needed 2 pieces (though the upper right could stand to be replaced as well...)

16. ben31vfr

ben31vfr New Member

Pictures!

Any pictures ever show up for these? I really need to replace my 93 fairing.

17. Boostedpower

Boostedpower New Member

Anyone use these fairings?

18. PhotosByHamza

PhotosByHamza New Member

Map
    Airtech fairings

I have yet to see pics of these fairings installed on a bike...

19. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Not much on 90-93 VFRs, but plenty of pix on the Airtech site of various bikes.

20. PhotosByHamza

PhotosByHamza New Member

Map
    Exactly, I want to see how these Airtech Fairings look before I order a set...