1986-87 VFR750 RC24 new Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RRR, Jun 3, 2021.

1. RRR

RRR New Member

Canada
    I'm looking to do a new run of our Ripple Rock Racers/ Hindle Stainless Steel full systems that fit the 1986-87 VFR750 RC24. These systems were 18 months in design and testing to come up with the best formula for maximum power, torque and drive-ability. We offer both a high and low system with either being fine for track/racing duties. The low mount system allows for retention of the rear passenger peg. Each order I process receives our tuning and installation guide to get a perfect running and performing engine with seamless response from idle to redline. See my website https://www.ripplerockracers.com/ for full detail and ordering. Any questions you can also call or text Kemp at 1-416-557-5051

Note all prices in Canadian dollars so a great deal for clients in USA or Europe/GB

2. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    Would these work on '88/'89?

3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Yes. Engine configuration is the same.

4. Skipper

Skipper New Member

Australia
    Map
    Beware! not "all" '88, '89 models are the same as '86 -'87 - if any?
    I have both models and the later '88, '89 has different exhaust port angles as they exit the cylinder heads, requiring different pipes.
    My understanding is that the US and perhaps some other markets never saw this model upgrade but we certainly got them here in Australia.
    It involved a complete re-configuration of the exhaust system, and the loss of the earlier stainless steel pipes used on my '86.

As I write, I am in the process of trying to salvage the rusted and badly road-rashed system on the later model since it is no longer procurable as a new item.
    I will re- skin the mufflers with stainless steel but since the rest of the pipework is generally hidden fro view, I shall cut and patch as required.

Thumbs likes this.
  5. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Interesting. Thats the first Ive read of a configuration change in the head design for the exhaust.

6. Skipper

Skipper New Member

Australia
    Map
    Bigger valves were also installed -the probable reason for the change in exit angle for the ports.
    The valves were made larger to improve mid range power and torque which was deemed to be lacking
    Take a look at the CSMI Netherlands web site, check out exhaust parts drawing for the Australian build for both year models
    I think US missed out because of your capacity downsizing to comply with local "political limitations"

7. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    ahh shit.. hold on RRR. I need to figure what I got.